2.0
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Last May I purchases several Kitchen appliances from my local sears for a kitchen remodel in early May of 2015. They were all

Kenmore products. This Sunday night my wife took a bag of microwaveable popcorn and started the device. She started to walk into

the other room and looked back at the microwave to see it was on fire. Luckily we were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Attached are photos of the damage

along with the ID plate on the microwave. The next morning we called customer service and we were told the unit was out of warranty by

22 days and there was nothing they could recommend other that scheduling a service call at $245. (The microwave was only $218).

I called Sears corporate in Chicago and requested a case #4242112. The said the best they could do was offer a 10% discount on a new microwave.

I then sent a follow up email see below with their response. I went to uTube and typed in Sears Microwave fire and saw two identical microwaves

to mine that had the same problem. See the website below. This is a dangerous situation and product.

Sears Response:

Mike,

We are sorry to hear about your microwave fiber and appreciate you reaching out to us. We had our member services team look into your case and unfortunately, there is nothing else they can do.

Regards,

Community Moderation Team

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of product is a hazard. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss damaged or defective of sears customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $218. Sears needs to "ship new microwave and install" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sears customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments