Amery, Wisconsin

I placed an order online at Sears.com for some Spiderman Rain boots for my 3 yr old son. I decided to order from Sears because it appeared they had the best price with the fastest delivery.

Within 2 days of placing an order, I received an email stating my order was shipped with a UPS tracking number. So of course I was excited.

Although after tracking the order the next few days, I kept getting a message stating once the order is processed it will be shipped. Long story short, it was not shipped. So I called to follow up on it after 5 days after receiving the UPS tracking number. I was told it can take 5 to 7 days, and call back if it hasn't shipped in the next couple days.

Well, on day 8 it hadn't been shipped I called back - received an apology and told me they would escalate it and would follow up with an email.

Next day, received an email stating sorry for the inconvenience and the order is still being processed.

It didn't make any sense to me, so I call to ask for some clarification. Was it on backordered? What did in processed mean, really? Couldn't get a straight answer, so I asked to them to cancel my order and refund my money.

A few days later I received a refund, BUT not for the full amount. So I called Sears to try to get an understanding on why, I didn't receive a FULL refund.....YES this was the 4th time calling regarding a $30 purchase.

When I called this time, there was a HUGE language barrier and I had to explain my LONG story 3 times. I asked to speak to a manager, since I didn't feel my question was being answered. He would not transfer me to a manager and stated they will not be able to do anything I can not do. After explaining my situation for the 4th time to this person, I was told to was 3 to 5 days and the remaining amount of $6.07 that was not refunded would be back into my account.

At day 7 the full refund was not in my account, so I called. YES this was the 5th time!

After explaining the situation, I was told to check my bank statement. I explained, I just checked with my online banking and it is not in my account. I asked to speak to a manager, she would not let me speak to a manager.

I then shared with her, I work in a call center, in fact I am a manager of a Customer Service department in a call center, and told her this entire situation is ridicules and I can't believe I am wasting my time for $6.07, but it is the principle and can't believe NOT ONCE could she take the time to just give me a simple apology for the inconvenience. Of course, I then got one - I told her it was a little too late.

It has been over a month now since I placed my original order online for the rain boots, and I called 5 times and still do not have full refund into my account. And sadly, I really don't understand why I can't have a full refund, as it was not explained to me.

NEVER AGAIN - will I do business with Sears, or will I have anything nice to say about Sears and their customer service.

This is the first time I have ever posted anything negative about a company on the internet. If I can just save at least one person from the time and frustration I went through, taking the extra time to type is was 100% worth it.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments