With Company response

I have been a Sears customer for many years and a cardholder since probably around 1998.I have always done a lot of shopping at Sears, mostly for electronics and my kids clothes.

I purchased around 300.00 worth of clothes once again 2 weekends ago and found out once we got home, that the clothes were a little too small. My daughter is a toddler, so trying clothes on in the store would be a little bit difficult. Anyways, I seem to have misplaced my receipt, but hadn't removed the tags. So, I called the children's department and was told by the rep that I could exchange the clothes as long as I had my ID, since I didn't want a refund.

I sent my husband to make the exchange today, and he was told by the associate that without the receipt, he couldn't even exchange the clothes. Considering that I have never asked for a refund for anything I purchased there or even exchanged anything before, I didn't realize that it would be such a big deal. He asked the lady if she could check using my credit card, she said no.. funny, they can charge me and send me a detailed statement but cannot check on the computer to see what I had purchased to try to help out.

I may not be a huge money maker for Sears, but I have spent more than a few thousand dollars at that store.

After this experience, as soon as I pay off the charges, I will be cancelling this card, and giving my business to another store.Thanks for nothing Sears.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Thank you for your response Brian, and I appreciate you providing the link for me to check the return/exchange policy.I also thank you for your offer for further assistance.

However, after the experience with the cashier, and no offer of help at all, just a flat no, I am not interested in any further association with Sears.

I, as everyone else work hard for my money, and where I choose to spend that money depends largely on how I am treated as a customer. All the cashier would have had to do is seem concerned and try to do something to rectify the problem, but she didn't.

And that has left me feeling like my business is not appreciated by Sears at all.

Again, I thank you for responding.Have a good day.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hello Anonymous,

We appreciate you taking the time to post about what your family experienced while attempting to exchange your toddlers clothing. I can definitely see why this was an upsetting situation for you. While our receipts do include our return/exchange policy it can also be found at Sears.com using the following link: http://www.sears.com/csreturnspolicy/nb-120000000359321. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. After reading your post I thought I’d reach out to you and offer some assistance if you’d like. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned to reference your post (anonymous453314), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, we’re sorry for the confusion and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian L.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

LTCC
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #730877

I cant wait for the Sears online media support response.....where you at dude.....sorry to say, but this should have been a no brainer for your customer service rep....think A&E is rubbing off on you folks