1.6K views

We brought a washer offline asked us to call a confirm delivery they set up appointment for 515PM to 715PM.I work nights ok, great time.

we called comfirmed they called the next day (day of delivery) to comfirmed. had to leave for about 30 mins around 330PM, returned around 400PM waited to 630PM to delivery, checked phone messages, yes they called, comfirmed that no one was a left. Called customer service (SEARS) the rudest person and supervisor I have ever dealt with. They basically said to bad delivery is rescheduled for the next day, my fault.

Would not give local delivery phone number, my husband called store got local number, pick-up washer, and was informed that customer service is even rude to them (delivery contractors.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

All I can say is that it must be nice to have this job where you can totally suck and still get paid for it.If something like late deliveries or inaccurate phone times were a reoccuring thing in any other business, I am pretty sure that person would be immediately fired.

..or maybe they were and went to work for Sears.

I filed a complaint with the BBB yesterday for the damage they caused to my home.That was a Friday...low & behold I get a call today( ON A SATURDAY no less) From *Jack* the insurance adjuster.

And HE claimed he has a signed copy of the paper work from the day the Excel delivery guy came to my house for the work done.. funny cause after he refused to take the wrapping off the refrigerator I told him i would call his manager so he could talk to him about it ( it was previously discussed.. he wasn't to leave until the refrigerator was fully unpacked & the ice maker was functional.) Well.. he didn't want to talk to anyone about unpacking the frig..

or completing the job.. when I turned to get the phone he RAN OUT the door... he left without getting a signature..

now it seems he's forged my husbands on the document.Last I knew that was criminal conduct so I'm going to see what exactly I can do about that one

We purchased a refrigerator from Sears March2,2012..My husband rented a uhaul to go pick it up at the warehouse instead of waiting the extra week it would have taken to get the refrigerator delivered ..

it cost the same amount of money but we thought it would save us time. He drove out to the seacoast .. got home that's when I noticed after it was unwrapped they had given us the wrong unit ( a lesser model) After complaining to management (from the sears store)and arguing with the warehouse manager they finally agreed to have the next unit delivered. That arrived some weeks later..

it was the wrong unit again.. and the delivery guy got irate because WE were taking up his time while trying to figure out if it was truly the wrong one again. He became SO belligerent and threatening that we had to tell him to leave the property or we would call the police. That's when he got in his truck ( at 7 in the morning on a Saturday) and started honking his horn loudly and acting like a tough guy ( he told us he did not work for Sears & could care less if we complained because he didn't answer to them..

he worked for Exel) That was only ONE of many failed attempts of this company Exel to deliver a suitable unit to our home.. this went on for 6 WHOLE months.. with the unit either being the wrong one or having damage on it. Now mind you ..

I REALLY should have told them forget it after the first 2 or 3 attempts .. instead I kept being assured that things...

I HAD done business with Sears exclusively for 21 years up till this point Then on Aug 10,2012 Sears Delivery damaged my home by flooding it They broke the water line & attached it improperly August 10 2012 (problem date) March 2,2012 ( purchase date) After numerous attempts to have this refrigerator delivered on August 10, 2012 the sears delivery team showed up an hour and a half early. I told the driver that they were early and it would be a few minutes before we had the contents of the other refrigerator unloaded he got very sarcastic and said"what do you want us to do come back at one?". I said that wouldn't be necessary. They unloaded the replacement and unhooked the water from the other unit and made the exchange.

He asked me to turn the water back on. I went to the basement to do this and by the time I came back upstairs he was pushing the refrigerator back into place. He then started to argue with us about removing the rest of the packaging material. When we went to get the phone to call the people who had said they would be doing this he walked out the door told his helper "we're out of here" jumped in his truck and left without us even having signed for the unit.

We left shortly after to run some errands and returned four or five hours later and found a puddle of water on the kitchen floor. I then went to the basement and found that the water was leaking down through the sub floor saturating the insulation and dripping onto our chest freezer and basement floor. I shut off the water to the refrigerator and went upstairs and slid the unit away from the wall and found that the copper tubing had been crimped and a small crack had formed because of this. Upon further investigation I also discovered that in his haste to stay ahead of schedule he had not properly seated the compression fitting while making that connection and that had leaked as well.

We have attempted on numerous occasions to try and resolve this with Sears through their agencies and channels and they done nothing but avoid us.

I went to Best buy to get my refrigerator. They delivered it yesterday.. the men that came are Best Buy delivery men. They were professional & polite.

They stayed as long as it took to get the job done correctly and ASKED if we were satisfied . CUSTOMER SERVICE is not dead..

it's at Best Buy..and that's who has my business from now on

So last week I go to the local store and buy a refrigerator, washer, and drier. It's scheduled to be delivered today on 8/7. I get a call confirming a time window of 0800-1000 on 8/7. I actually spoke to a human and confirmed it as well.

This morning comes around, I go into work early and then rush home to be there by 0800. After three hours (one hour overdue), I call Sears and am told that they had some problem with the first delivery and that I'm the next on the list.

Another hour passes. I call back again, and they tell me they'll have the delivery company call me. They never do. Finally at 1300 I call and they say that they'll call me 30 minutes ahead of delivery.

Time passes. At 1530 I call again, and am again told that I'm listed as first on the list. They try to contact the delivery company and can't. They want to know if I can reschedule it for Saturday 8/11. Uh, no.

This is the last thing I buy from Sears.

Tony deleted his rant about how much he hates sears customers but luckily I saved it to my documents before he did this ( I like Tony THAT MUCH)

Here it is :

graduated the aggie in 09 i work for a delivery company for sears called exel i deliver large appliances all day from 6 till when ever we finish the money is good sears sucks i dont work for them so i can say that. the customers suck worse...DO NOT BUY *** THAT DOSENT FIT IN YOU *** HOUSE. measure everthing b4 you have something delivered theres nothing worse than delivering a 240lbs front loader washer up 2 flights of stairs only to bring it back down again. also never argue with a delivery man atleast not me i wont think twice to take your *** back and make you wait till it can be rescheduled i dont put up with bull ***. buuuuuut anyways yea lifes good jobs suck but hey $120 a day is worth it i think.I'm also the bassist in a band called the exits check out out on Facebook

o Lives in Hampton, New Hampshire

o Male

Favorite Quotes

if you dont like me, blow me

16 hours ago near Newark, NJ via mobile

Driving home to NH someone text me

Driving & texting?? He talks about speeding on there too.. REAL professional guy they have here

I have called sears home delivery about 15 times in the past 2 days. I have been outright lied to and hung up on a regular basis. I have asked to speak with a supervisor on the first day after I had been disconnected, explained that I could not get someone to come back the same day to install the washer/dryer because the sales rep had not sold me all parts needed for installation. I had the parts within 30 minutes, but was told the delivery men were out of area when I called and finally got thru to someone an hour and 15 minutes after my initial call. I was hung up on the first time after being on hold for about 40 minutes. When I called bak I was assured I would get a phone call from the delivery guys because they should be able to come back today, if not I would be able to have someone come back the next day for installation.

After 4.5 hrs, I finally called back, and while waiting to hear what was going on, I was disconnected. I went to the store, where I was told nothing could be done until Monday. I called the home delivery company to complain about their terrible customer service and was told there were no managers available. And someone would call me back. Sunday came, and I got a phone call confirming my Monday appointment whic I cancelled due to the delivery time. I ended up calling back 6 times to speak with a manager because they kept hanging up on me.

When I did speak with a manager, she told me she was the person I spoke with last night who...

There was a lot more, but she actually suggested that I could find someone else to be at my home to have the installers come in besides myself, my boyfriend or parents. I told her we all have jobs and I'm 9 months pregnant and we cannot afford to *** any more time than what we have for the baby. She told me I would have to wait until I was available then. I told her if I had received adequate customer service I wouldn't be in this predicament and was offered no help or empathy whatsoever.

We purchased a refrigerator from sears.Their delivery people installed the water line incorrectly(they admit fault )It flooded our home 6000.00 damage as 2 estimates.The delivery companies insurance says they will only pay 1500.00

The delivery team SUCKS!!!!!!!I was told by Kenmore (washer/dryer) to call and get my delivery time frame.

I called a tad bit early so they said that i would be getting an automated call between 6pm and 9pm with the information which i NEVER got therefore i had to call back and get my time window. I got it...perfect time (3-5) I would only need to leave work some minutes earlier and still have time to run errands. Well its 8pm now and i have yet to receive my washer and dryer! Ive called 3 times and every time they tell me that i am last on the list and they are just now at the 10th delivery spot!

They give me and even later time every time i call. I have been sitting at home for 5 hours waiting!

If i had any other way to get my items i would have met the delivery team at whatever place they were and picked up my items myself!I havent received not one call with an update or any reason why i am stil waiting

Sears Delivery drivers are actully contracters and do not even work for sears

lol thay could care less what you have to say

to jim #642705

look we are contractor but we care you sorry costumers more than what you can we are lake dogs or you all