Featured With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Jun 05, 2013

Someone named Brian from Sears Cares has called twice, both times promising a $125 gift card.First it was to be by email, now by postal mail.

I don't know why they continue to harass me, with no resolution.

I do not believe I will ever get any help from Sears, and definitely will not from Olejo.I can't stress this strongly enough - DO NOT PATRONIZE SEARS!

Update by user May 10, 2013

I received a call from someone at Sears on 5/7/2013.He was supposed to send me his contact info via email, but never did, so I didn't write down his name.

He promised to send me a Sears Gift Card for $125 via email, and his personal contact number, both via email, within 48 hours. Well, as has become the expected behavior from any of Sears Customer 'Service' reps, he lied. I cannot believe I believed anyone from Sears, even for a moment. Anyone reading this, PLEASE do yourself a favor, and do not patronize these lying, scamming people.

There are plenty of other companies that have the same items, and treat their customers with respect and dignity.STEER CLEAR of Sears!

Original review posted by user May 05, 2013

On January 12, 2013, I ordered a futon from Olejo.com, through Sears.com's web site - a New Energy Fuji Futon Queen Frame, SKU#NEW8414. After having it for approximately 60 days, the edge of the front frame broke. This company's web site, as well as Sears web site states that there is a 10 year warranty on this frame. This was part of the reason we paid so much for it (over $400), rather than buy a cheaper brand. My wife emailed their customer service, and was told in a very condescending, rude manner that they only warrantied items for 30 days. I replied and asked what good was a 10 year warranty, if it was really only for 30 days. The reply was extremely hostile, and we were accused of purposefully breaking the item. My wife also called Sears, and was assured by their customer service that someone named Daniel would call her with 8 hours, and get an address for shipment of a replacement part. Daniel never called. All we want is the piece that broke replaced, free of charge. After only 60 days of use, I do not think this is an outrageous request.

After filing with the BBB (which is useless, by the way), an Olejo.com representative said to call Sears, and they would take care of it. My wife called, and was again assured that someone from Olejo would return her call withing 48 hours. After 4 more days, she called Sears again, and they admitted that they do not help customers with problems through their Third-Party Reseller program. So, basically, they feel it is okay to make money by partnering with unknown companies, but when it comes to guaranteeing that these merchants will treat their customers fairly, Sears bows out.

I am very disappointed in Sears, and will never buy from them again. I will also be sure and tell everyone I know how bad their customer service is, and to steer clear.

It is no wonder they are continually listed as a store that will not be around much longer.

We did call the manufacturer of the futon, and they shipped us the part, but we had to pay shipping - $115.00! I don't blame them, it is Sears and Olejo's responsibility to make sales right, not the manufacturer.

Review about: New Energy Fuji Futon Queen Frame.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Sears Shipping Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $115
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Marc
Winchester, Massachusetts, United States #831871

We purchased a new Kitchenaid dishwasher from Sears last week.First, on delivery the truck driver drove over our new walkway damaging several pavers and cobble stones.

Second, The dishwasher was installed (not by Sears) and started to leak around the pump housing after the second use. The leaks are not at the plumbing connections of the supply or drain line. Third, we called Sears for a repair appointment, only to find out that Sears never scheduled the appointment after I took a day off from work. Fourth, after a couple of hours on phone with Sears customer service and seven people later issues are not resolved to my satisfaction.

The best they could offer me was lame condescending apologies and a service appointment 5 days from now. I'm told I have a case manager but no one has contacted me. Also no one has contacted me about the property damage to the walkway. I've been tweeting searscares all morning, but again no help.

I also just got of the phone with Lori, the most condescending and non empathetic person I have ever spoken with from another division of Sears customer service.

Again was told that a case manager would be contacting me.I will never purchase from sears again.

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #749024

I have read over a hundred of these complaints and it seems that these media people have a template thing to say to angry customers in order to try to sway them from legal action.Once you contact them they seem to have a template thing to do as well and they never contact you back.

Do yourself a favor and forget these people.You will just get aggravated further with no resolution.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear crockejw,

My name is Trent and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We were sorry to hear about the frustrations you have experienced with your online order. We certainly can understand why you would be upset. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to address your concerns and ensure that this issue is resolved to your satisfaction. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, phone # used at time of purchase, and screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (crockejw), to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Trent A.