Austin, Texas
1.1K views 3 comments

I earned 73,293 miles/points using my Sears Citi card this year which pays one pt/mile for every dollar spent.Last month I spent over $13,000 on my card, and paid the balance off as usual so I do not accrue any interest, with the intention of requesting an iPad II next month that was approx.

90,000 points on the Sears Citi Bank Shop Your Way Rewards website. I wanted the iPad to use as a baby monitor because we our expecting our first child in September, a baby girl! Well, low & behold Sears & Citi bank cancelled my card two days ago for absolutely no reason other than to avoid paying me the miles/points I had earned by using their credit card. Is this legal?

Do I have any recourse? Consumers please be leery of this shady practice. It irks me beyond disbelief that two reputable companies such as Sears & Citi bank would participate in such a wrongful practice; talk about blind-sided. Here is they're fine print which basically gives them the opportunity to *** if they want to by cancelling your account at anytime...

If your membership is terminated (including if your Account is closed), or if you decide to cancel your membership in Sears Choice Rewards, all accumulated Points will be forfeited. ---All I can say is Wow! & Ouch!! This is terribly unethical, unjust, & wrong.

Another case of big banks and big industry bending over the lower to middle class.I'm going to try to take this to my local news outlets and see if I can alert the rest of my community here in Austin, TX or better yet nationwide.

Review about: Rewards Program.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Sears Rewards Program
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

chris
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States #915106

problem here is the media is another crooked outfit in bed with your financial insitiution, hard to get justice here

they***** me and did not bothe

i had did same thing happen to me they closed my account before i had a chance to cash in my reward points and i had 5000

SCREWED by them

How many of you know that when you pay your bill to Sears they charge you a process fee on your payment?Or when you pay off a late fee you have a process fee,plus another late fee.

Each time you use the card they have two fee's they do not tell you about, plus you miss one payment the interest rate goes to 21%.

This is not a good card to have.

Try paying the card off *** from sears starts.:(