Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

I placed an order on Sears.com Order on 03-06-2016 for a Washer Motor Coupler which was priced by this retailer's website at $9.98 Naturally the free in store pick-up option was greyed out. I double checked to make sure the product was being sold by Sears Itself and not an online seller. I chose this option because of concerns about receiving bootleg products. There were options for both standard and expedited shipping. Based upon my need of the product I naturally chose expedited shipping with a price tag of $12.98 for a promised arrival date of 03-08-2016. Upon placing my order it kept refusing to accept my credit card details even though the card was in good standing. As a result, I was forced to checkout using PayPal (which uses the same credit card that Sears.com was refusing to honor to process payments). It went through. The problem was not with the product itself but with being ripped off for the shipping. Instead of sending it UPS 2nd Day Service, my product was shipped to me using UPS Surepost. Surepost is the cheapest service offered by UPS and it is even cheaper than UPS Ground. So basically Sears pocked the money that I paid for expedited shipping and then just sent it out using a shipping service that basically had virtually no cost to them.

So I ended up paying $24.34 (after tax) for a product that should have only cost me at around $10 or so.

As you can see in my submitted evidence this is exactly how Sears.com operated in my case. You can see that I paid more than the price of the product itself for the shipping. Then you can see how they pocketed the money I spent on the shipping and sent the package to me using UPS' cheapest service. Not only that, the tracking history (also provided below) shows where UPS handed it over to the post office to be delivered to me via regular economy class mail (an action that UPS only performs with its cheapest Surepost Service). Avoiding Sears.com. And perhaps avoiding Sears itself may be in this consumer's best interests. Who knows what other creative schemes they are cooking up these days.

Review about: Washer Motor Coupler 285753A.

2.4
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Sears Credit Card
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Shipping Service Not as Described / $13
Preferred solution Just a refund of the cost of expedited shipping $12.98

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1126796

That's the new scam---shipping via UPS to the local post office and then hoping the USPS will deliver it expeditiously. It rarely works as the USPS is unreliable. Just pass the word around to avoid Sears for anything.