3.7K views

Update by user Apr 20, 2012

OK.After last years fiasco with sears over this lawn mower and them replacing the defective carberator, this summer the darn thing doesn\'t work again.

After using it for 10 min. it died and won\'t start. Now the engine won\'t even turn over. The pull start is frozen.

This is by far the worst product I have ever owned in my entire life. I think the problem is that sears has allowed MTD to make their craftsmen mowers and they clearly suck at it.What a bunch of crooks.I am amazed that dept of consumer affairs isn\'t down their throats. And sears should go out of business entirely. I have so been ripped off.

I am dumbfounded at the level of incompitancy in sears and MTD. Do yourself a favor and don\'t buy anything from sears or any MTD products. I know I won\'t. Sears you suck.

MTD you suck too.

Crooks.And I have had to pay a hefty price for trusting the untrustworhty.

Original review posted by user Jul 11, 2011

we bought a craftsman late last summer.This June it just stopped working in the middle of mowing.

We took it to our local Sears retailer(where we bought it) and were told it would take 10 days and they would call us. We were fine with that. It was reasonable. Then they charged $32 to put it up for repair.

Why? It was less than a yr old on a 2 yr warranty. 10 days go by. Then 12 days.

So WE called them. That's when we are told that it would take 4 to 6 wks. Well now, that's a problem. That's pretty much all summer.

Then we call them back and ask for the STORE manager. We got the ASSISTANT store manager who informs us the store manager is on vacation. Of course. So we ask for the district office contact info.

No. he won't give me that info. OK, how about corporate's problem resolution info? NO.

Can't have that either. So what can we have we ask? We can leave our name & ph # and the store manager will call us first thing Monday. OK.

So here we are at 3:00 pm on Monday. No call. No message.nothing. We paid a bunch of money for a Craftsman lawn mower, foolishly thinking that Sears stood behind their craftsman products.(didn't I see a tv ad once about sears standing behind their craftsman?) Less than 1 yr old.

Middle of summer. We won't get it back, fixed, until summer is over. So. Now what?

We have to spend a bunch more money for a new mower, even though we already have one? Or pay a lawn service through the nose to cut our grass each week until sears fixes the one we already bought? In other words, our purchase of a sears craftsman lawn mower is costing us way, way beyond what they sold it to use for. Why does it have to cost us lots and lots of money to get them to honor their warrantied product within a REASONABLE amount of time?

Don't buy a sears craftman lawn mower unless you have lots and lots of money to spare, is my best advice to myself and anyone else out there. Our quest to speak to someone at sears, who actually cares anything whatsoever about the customer continues. Our next move is going to be to file a formal complaint to the consumer protection agency and the better business bureau.

Because WE know the difference between RIGHT and WRONG.And it is NOT RIGHT that sear's so called WARRANY should cost the CUSTOMER a small fortune to get them to STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS and WARRANTIES.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Heyy..!!

I have used Craftsman Lawn Mower. Sears Craftsman lawn mower warranty is going to cost us a fortune because the mower is defective. I have also faced this problem..!!

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1312716

have same problem april 5, 2017 two year warranty same problem new immediately knocked then started dying like running out of gas then no start.10 hrs on phone with Sears no one knew how to warranty worked on push mowers.

7 day warranty process would be 4 to 5 weeks to even to be checked. My model had a defective carburetor sears knew when it sold to me. 1 yr old now its discontinued. they've become a rip off company cheap defective products like K-Mart.

Never buy Sears again.

Never a store mgr.available

my push lawn mower stopped running after 5-6min .it will not start.

I did like the mower, so ordered new one just like it, my old crafts man did start, so could finish the small yard. so now I have 3 craftsman in garage, I will put the one that arrived yesterday, together, hopefully it will stay running, I hope to return somehow the one that ran for 5-6min. !!!!

the one I bought 7yrs ago could be repaired , carb.blade, but has been hard to start for the last 2-3 years, not much use 20-30 min, sometimes 1-3 times a month [ weather conditions] dry , rain

most craftsman mowers come with Techumseh or briggs&stratton engines they always seem to have a no start problem ,I have found that most of them its not a warranty issue it bad fuel or dirt getting in the fuel system because of carelessness, also storing the mower outside in the weather I just did one 3/21/14 that had more water in the tank than fuel, the ethanol they put in fuel loves moisture . most manufactures also recommend high octange fuel that most people do not use. To sum it up most problems come from abuse lawn and garden tool are the most abused tool I have worked on.

BROUGHT A SWEET HONDA LAWNMOWER WITH A 3 YR WARRANTY LAST DEC TOOK IT IN FOR FAILING TO START .......5 MONTHS LATER IT SHOWED UP IN WORSE SHAPE THAN IT LEFT IN , BROUGHT IT BACK TO SEARS, THEY INFORMED ME THAT THEY HAD ALOT OF PROBLEMS SENDING THE MOWERS TO FLORIDA, SO THEY SENT IT TO BOSTON !WELL THAT WAS A MONTH AGO BUT WAIT.

IT GETS BETTER THEY CALLED ME AND STATED IT WILL COST 179.00 TO FIX AND IF I WANT IT BACK I MUST AGREE TO ACCEPT THE BILL, WELL I DID THAT WAS 3 WEEKS AGO, IF ANYONE SEE'S MY SWEET HONDA LAWNMOWER I'LL GIVE YOU THE 25.00 THAY OFFERRED ME FOR MY TROUBLES.!TO BE CONTINUED............................

Lubbock, Texas, United States #645859

I have a 4 year old craftsman riding mower that loses power.This all over the Internet as a problem with craftsman mowers.

Will not buy craftsman ever again.

arty

Typical run around from Sears.You should have bought from Lowes or Home Depot.

I have a 600 dollar contract from Sears and have to wait until they fix my mower which cost me almost $3000.00.Next time I will NOT buy anything from Sears.