Denver, Colorado

We bought a new washer and dryer from Sears in July 2011.

These were installed in our house on 13JUL2011.

The installers did a horrible job.

1. They dented our wallboard. Offered to come back and repair it, but never did.

2. They left dirty fingerprints all over the laundry closet doors and walls.

3. And, the biggie. Installed the dryer with a huge kink in it so as to render it almost completely useless. See http://barnesfamily.com/Dryer_Vent_20110810/ for photos. This is what the handyman handed to me this morning as he was installing some shelves in the closet.

We are unlikely to make another purchase from Sears.

Review about: Kenmore Dryer.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Sears Repair
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $1000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

davebarnes
#341959

Sears sent us a check for $100 to pay for our handyman's services.

Better, not great.

Dave Barnes

I forgot to add that they did not install the electrical strain relief.

15AUG2011 - Sears called me to inform me that I should have called the phone number on the delivery slip.

Well, it never occurred to me to CALL. I did go to the Sears website and fill out a form to which they still have not responded.

During my phone conversation they informed me that they would not reimburse me any money (less than $100) that I spent having their screw-ups corrected.

I never expected them to pay as Eddie Lampert is just milking Sears until it dies.