4K views
With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Jun 01, 2013

Juat an update.The machine flooded again...

Of course Sears has done nothing... Spent $300 to fix... different part, but likely result from their first mistake...this one could have easily set house on fire...something shorted... at least no longer under warranty with Sears so got fixed right away...

small company could get missing part in 1 day (I actually had him check the part from last time...he had that on his truck)!!!(Not 2-3 weeks like Sears)

Original review posted by user Jun 07, 2011

I have an LG washing machine purchased reconditioned by Sears, I also got the extended warranty and the matching dryer. While under warranty the washer extensively flooded my house (about $50,000 or more of damage), that was Oct 2010. I immediately called Sears, no help so called LG who did give me advice on how to get the water out of the frount loader (Sears had recommended I open the door!)

Four weeks later Sears still had not come out to fix my machine, and I had now taken 2 days off work....So I called LG and got a repair recommendation. First words were what *** had tried to fix the machine...I said Sears had refurbished it...apparently the guy put the back on wrong for starters, then also failed to put the cover on the swith box (which turns off water). This cased a hole in the wiring of the switch and put a whole in the water inlet tube...so I have water and electricity together! (by the way the metal outside of the machine could easily gotten electricity, but did not).

Hundreds of dollars of clothes, bedding, towels were ruined as well, got wet, but Sears was supposed to be there right away....so colors faded onto each other, mildew stains....refuse any compensation for this, or my repair costs, laudrymat use, or time loss from work, going to laundrymat (big ordeal here).

It is now June 2011, still have only received a check for about 1/6th of the damages, even not what their hired investigator allowed! My house is stinky now, moldy and all torn up...and I am a widow with 4 kids!

But at least the electrity water combo (several floor outlets shorted out...ruining my stove, but no fire and no one was electrocuted. My kids and I were barefooted wiping up water unaware of the electrical issue and danger.

Mary

Review about: Sears Repair.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Greenville, South Carolina, United States #665745

I love Sears ,best customer service,I am also helped.May Sears live long

I chose Sears Home Services to re shingle my roof, Believing it would be a quality job based off of the Sears name...What a mistake that was.The first contractor Sears sent over arrived with lower grade material than I had purchased and improperly installed the shingles, resulting in THREE FAILED COUNTY INSPECTIONS.

After the third failed inspection Sears sent over a second contractor assuring me that they would "DO WHATEVER IT TAKES" to ensure the job was completed correctly.

All shingles from the first installation were completely removed and the job was started from scratch.

The second contractor also installed the shingles incorrectly.

Both contractors over penetrated the shingle with the nails, due to improperly adjusted pneumatic nailers, completely missed the trusses when re nailing sheeting, improperly installed ridge vents, all corner drip edges where installed incorrectly.

I was willing to pay extra for the Sears name and warranty..I'll never do that again.How does a $15,000.00 roof fail inspection three times?

Think twice before you use Sears Home Services!

Report Images

to hershal #658773

Sears is playing the middle man on the home improvement services, therefore they get a cut of the profit because customers think they are getting the legendary Sears quality which doesn't exist anymore, the sub contractors aren't making as much as they could so that creates a situation ripe for cheating to make more profit.

:cry SO I HAD AN ACT AND THE NEXT THING I KNOW...IT WAS CANCELED.NOW, I WONDERED WHY AND WAS *** AND ASKED.

THEY SAID IT WAS A RANDOM THING. WELL, THAT BLEW CHRSTMAs FOR ME. I WAS PAYING MY PAYNMENTS ONLINE ALL THE TIME FROM LAST OCT TO LAST MONTH. WHEN I TRIED TO PAY....(FOR TWO DAYS) OF RESETTING PW'S ETC TO CALLING.

I WAS TOLD I WAS BLOCKED. GO FIGURE! BLOCKED SO I CAN NOT PAY THEM. SO THEY EXPLAINED I CAN NOT PAY ONLINE ANYMORE BECAUSE MY ACCT WAS CLOSED.

I WAS NEVER LATE OR OVER. ANYWAY, I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD TAKE MY PAMENBT OVER THE PHONE. I RETORTED BACK ? ANYWA, I REFUSED.

I CALLED A FEW MORE TIMES AND THEN I GET A BILL SAYING I HAVE LATE FEES ETC. WOW. IT WASN'T EVEN DUE THE SECOND TIME YET. OK, I AM GETTING MMAD AGAIN.

I HAD TO PAY THEM LATE FEES AND TWO $25.00 PAYMENTS FOR NOTHING...THANKS..SEARS ARE CLOSING 40 STORES TOO WHA WHA ...

Then didn't work and they told me the motor was blown so it would be another300

SEARS NONREPAIR NEARLY KILLS ELDERLY WIDOW Shortly after my father died mom showed me the collection notices Sears sent to her for nonpayment of her refrigerator repair insurance, one marked final notice, but she always paid her bills promptly and could prove it.She also showed me the cancelled checks for payment and copies of the 2 letters she sent to Sears She also sent photocopies of the cancelled checks.

She had records of the phone calls she made. They continued to harass her. She nearly went into casdiac arrest over this. I found out the CEO\'s name and wrote Sears Tower, Chicago, IL to stop harrassing before legal action was taken FINAL NOTICE.

They stopped after 2 months.DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS THEY ARE CRUEL AND UNUSUAL RJ ps. Sears sold their corporate office because they couldn\'t afford it. I guess this is the price of being bad business people...

they wern\'t very good at making money the old fashoned way, by earning it.RJ

Chico CA, Sears replaced the kitchen stove on extended warranty, they could not fix after 7 repair visits.They did not replace the gas line fittings, use the required tools or check for gas leaks, or install the included anti tip bracket as required by federal law and would not make any adjustments.

Many call at different levels.No action They lost the federal lawsuit and now after 2 years later they are willing to install the bracket but will take no action to check for gas leaks. All new gas pipes should be checked for leaks.

SEARS is UNSAFE and CORUPT.DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #415345

If you already recieaved a check from Sears then thats all your going to get,you need to turn the rest of your uncopensated damages over to your home owners insurance.They will investigate and if they find Sears at fault they will go after Sears.But in the mean time you will be compensated.

Well for an update....no Sears's still hasn't done anything....the washer is broken again and now the drier is not working well either (it had been also repaired by Sears)...but I have 11 brother and sister in-laws as well as a few siblings...they all have kids several who have bought applinaces...NONE AT SEARS...

estimate loss of bussiness for Sears is now over 50,000 just from friends and family...they don't want to take a chance on either having Sears repair or buy from Sears.

We had been loyal customers in both families for nearly 100 years.Meanwhile I have been doing the needed remodel, mold remediation....Mary

:( I'll bet the sears guy that posted didn't do a friggin thing for minny monuse because she never posted a follow up to her complaint .Don't shop SEARS !

!