Denver, Colorado
100% full Not resolved

Recently my Kenmore water heater that was purchased in February of 2013 stopped working. After some simple triage steps I was able to determine that the honeywell gas valve was faulty.

Like the rest of you, I had to call on Thursday to have a sears technician has to come out to diagnose the my faulty honeywell gas valve for a convenient 89$ before they would order and "warranty the defective 3 year old part. I think this is a crock of *** but that is a whole separate discussion.

A technician by the name of Richard shows up on Friday and confirms that it in fact is a faulty gas valve but also notes, he has to install the part for a $180. When I tell him that was not what Sears had told me over the phone, he simply packs up his stuff and leaves. I then called Sears to figure out if the installer does in fact have to install it and it is confirmed that they do not require the installation by their technician. I was told by a warranty rep that because the installer wouldn't order the part or leave me with one, they would be ordering the part and it would be rush delivered to my house.

When I call on Monday to check on the status of the part order, it was no where to be found. Now they have to send out another technician on Tuesday from 1-5 to triage the same exact thing and order the same exact part that was diagnosed on Friday.

To complicate things to the nth degree, my wife is 8 months pregnant.

I don't assume Sears will contact me or care about this whatsoever but i did want to document it for the rest of you that are even thinking of walking into a sears to purchase a new appliance on sale, screwdriver set, or even a toaster oven, that is "covered" by the all mighty sears warranty.

On the plus side, Sears has left plenty of room for improvement if they don't go out of business first.

Disgruntled Customer

Review about: 2013 Kenmore Water Heater.

I didn't like: Customer service, Warranty, Kenmore.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Sears Water Heater Repair
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $200
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion