2.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Aug 30

Credit card company said they will reimburse my card for the purchase, still waiting to hear back to Sears!

Original review posted by user Aug 23

I purchased a Sears X-Cargo Sport Carrier for $249 plus tax totaling $270 on Thursday 8/10/17 for our trip to Myrtle Beach.I asked the Sears employee if this carrier would work with our vehicle, he assured me it would work.

I installed the carrier per the instructions that were in the carrier & tightened everything up. Loaded up the vehicle for the trip and were on our way. The vehicle with the cargo carrier was behind me and was flopping around like there was nothing holding it on, we stopped to make sure everything was tight and the carrier continued to flop around all the way to Myrtle Beach. Upon our return, I continued to watch the carrier flopping around in my mirrors, finally pulling off the interstate and stopping at Lowes to pick up some rope to tie this thing down.

After spending a hour out in the North Carolina sun and heat, we got this thing tied down where it would not flop around anymore. We made it home without further incident. Yesterday 8/22/17, I went back to Sears to return the carrier and was told that they would not allow it to be returned because it was used, while on the receipt it states, there may be a 15% restocking fee on merchandise that is returned.

Why would it state this if it could not be returned?I was not going to argue with the employee and the manager was not in the store, so now I will go thru corporate headquarters to settle this matter.

Review about: Xcargo Sport 20 Cargo Carrier.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: We have always enjoyed shopping with sears.

I didn't like: Refusal to refund.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

#1372004

Credit card company re-imbursed back the amount of purchase.