Store #2030 Elizabethtown, KY does bait and switch with their TVs and Appliances, the TV Sears had on sale was not in stock Sears tried to sell me a $1699.99 TV that was not on sale and cost more than 300% more than the original!!.It happened to me and 2 other people on the same day!!!

I just can not believe that a great store like Sears would so something like this. It is vary unethical and most importantly illegal.

I call corporate head quarters to no avail, they just give me a run around and just keep keep putting me off.I have an attorney and will file a lawsuit in federal court for the illegal actions

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Good luck with calling that a "bait and switch" Sears offers literally hundreds of televisions, just because the one that was advertised is out of stock at your store doesn't mean that you can't order it, or something similar.

I work as a Consultative Sales Rep for a Sears store and sorry to say, there is no "bait & switch" involved in any of our practices or training.I don't doubt that the TV was out of stock, that does happen.

And I don't doubt that the associate tried to sell you a different TV -- that's their job. In your defense, it was *** of the associate to try and sell you something clearly out of your price range when you were trying to purchase something that was on sale in the first place. That was bad judgment on their part.

But when something is out of stock, it simply is.

If it wasn't discontinued or on clearance, they should have offered to order you one or gave you a raincheck. That's bad customer service. But I can promise you, there's no bait & switch practices involved with our selling.

I strongly dislike my job and the way Sears is heading as a company, but I can safely say your experience was just poor customer service brought on by an employee who clearly wasn't making enough in commission that day and was trying to pull one over on you.That was the associates fault, nothing to do with Sears as a whole or any kind of trickery on the company's behalf.

SORRY *** BUT THAT IS NOT ILLEGAL!!! I SEE THAT YOU ARE A LOW LIFE LOSER WHO WANTS TO SUE INSTEAD OF WORKING FOR A LIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :x :? :cry :grin :p :upset