Covington, Kentucky

Sears and the third party delivery that they are using, have been a horror story for me and my wife as well.Purchased a Sealy Granite Bay Ti2 mattress Jan 2014, which began breaking down within a few months.

Made our initial warranty claim in the fall of 2014, which turned into multiply claims (cancelled/changed by the warranty dept. in Round Rock TX). Finally over a year later and 2 BBB complaints, we finally got results and "upgraded" to a Serta Icomfort EFX, that was delivered today. Once the "new" mattress was removed from the plastic and set on our existing bed foundation, we noticed the entire foot end stained and dirty (through sealed plastic).

We brought it to the delivery guys' attention and he took pictures on his phone, told us that Sears would contact us and either credit some or order a new mattress. He also stated that normally if they see stains on mattresses prior to getting them to the customers home, they will bleach pen and attempt to remove them or doctor them up. With the history of dealing with Sears I decided to go ahead and call them myself instead of waiting to maybe get a call. First number I attempted was the 800 number on the mattress pages of Sears.com.

Got a rep from (India) I would guess by the fast hard to understand English, who could not pull up the order by any of the receipt info or my info, and after multiple attempts on my part of attempting to explain how the purchase originated to her inability to comprehend I requested her supervisor to which she refused to transfer me. After I told her that I would be calling my credit card issuer (Citi Bank backs the Sears MC) and requesting a complete charge back, she finally offered another 800 number for me to call. I called and the rep there first offered me Sears Points if I agreed to keep the mattress "as is". Having have problems with the points in the past I was reluctant to take that offer, she then offered a $400 gift card for me to keep the mattress "as is", I countered that I would also want them to provide "in writing" that should this mattress fail within the warranty period that my warranty would not be voided.

Her response to this was that she would order me a new mattress. I have read complaints of stains voiding warranties, so by today's experience I do not doubt those reviews. I also informed the rep of what the delivery guys had told me about bleaching and covering up stains and that this seemed deceptive and unethical, she really seemed to not care about that.

I am moving away from doing business with Sears for many reasons other than just this mattress, and advise anyone considering any item with a warranty or that can easily be damaged in delivery to be very careful about dealing with them.I do not have an account at pissed consumer, I may set one up later my name is Ron.

Review about: Serta Icomfort King Size Mattress.

I liked: We are terribly distresses by our first new mattress purchase.

I didn't like: Foriegn customer service, Abusing customer service.

2.8
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Sears Credit Card
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problem with delivery / Not specified
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion