I called Sears in November for service on our Kenmore Elite HE front load washer, the service guy came right out the "next week" and he said bearings were bad, he would order them and be back "next week".

After two supposed ship dates have past and no parts, its now Jan 16 2010 and they said parts would be shipped the 29th of Jan!

WTF! Two months without a washing machine! By the way its only 4 years old and I bought the extended service program that is supposed to cover it so we'll see. Do I have any recourse?

All I get from customer service in India is that Sears is sorry!Whose paying the laundromat bill?

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Sears does have 30 day money back Guarantee its right on the back of the receipt.Thats a legal document they have to honor.

You don't have to have service guy come out and look at it.If you bought the product less than 30 days, Sears has to take back the product.

we had the same problem.But they did finally tell us that if the parts dont come im by 6 weeks they will replace the washer (they came in 2 days before the 6 week deadline).

Also if you bought the extended warranty they should give you a "rental" washer until yours is fixed. But not to worry it may not be resolved even after it is fixed. After almost 3 months without a washer they finally told us it cant be fixed. So we bought a new one 2 weeks ago and guess what.

It is now broken too and they are not willing to work with us. We called today and they said they will come out in 2 (yes 2) weeks. When we asked if we could just return it and get our $ back they said they had to come and check it first and only then can they fix it or get us a new one not give us our $ back.

NEVER again will I ever buy anything from Sears.We are so stuck and there is nothing we can do.