With Company response Not resolved

Buyer beware!! Never buy from Sears Outlet, they are a HUGE SCAM!!!

My experience with Sear Outlet has been a complete nightmare... After waiting for close to a month, I still don't have a functioning refrigerator.

I purchased a Samsung French door refrigerator (Model RF266AERS) on Feb 7 and it took Sears outlet 4 tries to finally deliver the fridge successfully on Feb 24. The 4 tries involved Sears outlet losing track of the fridge's where about, failed delivery attempts during completely wrong hours and horrible logistics.

Then, worse came to worst, the long awaited fridge turned out to be broken from the start. It simply just wouldn't cool. I then called Sears for repair. So far, I've had 2 technicians "repair" the fridge on 2 separate occasions. On both attempts, the technician told me the fridge is seriously screwed up and recommended that I exchange the fridge. The repairs ended up making the fridge worse. After the 2nd attempt the fridge started making extremely large noises and started "jumping around" every 15 minutes while it still wouldn't cool. Now I have a useless metal box hopping around in my kitchen, making loud noises, and constantly threatening to drill a hole through my kitchen floor. The 3rd technician is supposed to come in a week to try again, I wouldn't be surprised if the fridge blew up next week.

I called Sears Outlet and told them that they sent me a broken fridge, the repair team has been here twice failing to repair the fridge, and both technicians said the fridge is seriously screwed up and recommended that I exchange the fridge. The rep said there is nothing he can do because they have a "repair only" policy unless the technician says the fridge is unrepairable.... - which I know is close to impossible, since the technician already told me he would never claim an item unrepairable.

So please, don't believe the "Sears Outlet Certified" sticker and DON'T BUY FROM SEARS OUTLET. They have no quality control, and will not replace your unit even if it comes broken. Unless you enjoy waiting week after week at home for a broken fridge, spend hours after hours on the phone waiting for a Sears rep to pick up, followed by day after day dealing with repair teams that will not claim your fridge is unrepairable even if they know it is not repairable.

Save your time and energy and go buy a real fridge from a real store instead of dealing with this scam.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Nmecgj,

We are very sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing with the delivery of your refrigerator and Sears service. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you. It is our goal to get your appliances to run properly and to exceed your expectations. This clearly has not been done for you and we would appreciate the opportunity to assist you. My name is Delfa B. and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue and an end to your frustration. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Nmecgj) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we hope to speak with you soon.

Delfa B.