Broadway, Virginia

I bought a Sears rider mower in 2011.In the spring of 2013 I started having problems with the drive belt jumping off.

I thought the problem was a warn belt, so had it changed for about $100. It still jumped off, and we then noticed that the frame mount to the wheels had partly broken off on both sides. My lawn is a bit bumpy, but no potholes. Sears said they could send someone out in a month (by which time I would have needed a herd of cows in before I could mow), but that the 5-year warranty only covered parts.

If I thought the labor (which is sure to be huge) was more than the mower was worth, they would give me a $909 credit towards another mower.

In fairness, the people at the store had never heard of this happening, so maybe I got a lemon.I had to go buy another mower in a hurry, since once the repair person sees the problem they will have to order a frame and spend who knows how long putting the whole thing together even if it's worth doing so.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Bodryn

Some years ago I went to Sears to replace a small hand tool that was supposed to have a lifetime Sears warranty.Even though the tool was something that could be replaced for under $20, they refused to honor their own "lifetime warranty".

As a result, I basically made a decision to avoid Sears in the future, although I occasionally have gone in there to "window shop".

I guess they were being "Penny wise and pound foolish."