With Company response

I ordered a washer/dryer combo off of the sears website - the website accepted American Express payment. Delivery date and time was arranged to Victoria BC with email confirmation.

On the day of delivery no one showed up. No phone call received so I called their oh-so-not-helpful call centre in BURMA at which time they tell me they could not deliver my appliances due to my address being non existent. I then asked them why they didn't bother calling me to clarify the address. The agent then said, and I quote: "Uh, we don't have time to call people if they can't provide the right address." (which was always correct in the first place)

I then inquired on the whereabouts of my appliances and I am told that they are in the warehouse but I can go pick them up. I then asked where the appliances were and the agent said "Regina" and in the same sentence tells me that for some reason they couldn't find my address in Regina so they didn't bother trying to find it or follow up with me directly.

I then told the agent that I was a mere 3 provinces over, 850 miles away so this would pose a problem. Thankfully, without even a pause for concern for the human (me) at the other end of the phone, she says "that's too bad sir, you will have to pick them up".

I then ask to speak to the manager and I am told the manager is not on shift and absolutely no apology/responsibility for the mistake is offered. Then I am disconnected.

The next day I call in and wind up getting the same agent as the last time, she proceeds to tell me that sears does not accept american express and my credit card charge has been reversed because somehow the website accepted my payment when it should not have (even though the site said they accept american express complete with american express logo but I digress). I have since filed a complaint with the bbb to no avail.

In all I wasted 4 weeks without a washer and dryer and went elsewhere (the brick) and had a delivery the NEXT day.

I understand that Sears is about to go out of business and I say good riddance, they truly deserve it.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Delivery experience, Home delivery, Customer service, Poor customer service, Service.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

SearsCares
#920255
Sears Response

Hi there,

We understand you are having some trouble with your recent purchase.We do not like to see our members go through any troubles.

If there is anything you need assistance with in the future, please reach out to our social channels and we would be happy to assist!

• Sears Facebook: http://on.fb.me/18CwSqp

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL

Both channels are moderated from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and Saturday-Sunday 8am-6pm CT to happily assist our member's with any issues they may have!Thank you, SearsCares