Marshfield, Missouri
With Company response

My electric water heater was purchased in 2009 and is leaking four years later.It has a five year warranty.

I contacted sears service and was told that they would either repair or replace it but a technician would have to look at it first. Guess what, the next available technician could come out in three to four days. Now I can't wait that long to replace the water heater so I just removed and replaced it myself. I then contacted sears again to schedule the technician to come out and look at the water heater.

I was then told that since I already uninstalled it the technician may not be able to determine the cause of the leak and I may be subjected to a $75 service charge. Do they really think I'd spend hours of my weekend removing/installing a water heater if it wasn't leaking? The water heater was also hooked into my ground source heat pump so I couldn't run my AC either. Needless to say I did not buy another kenmore water heater.

I built a new house in 2009 and bought all my appliances at sears. It's just too bad that the warranty is worthless. So my leaky water heater is laying outside behind my house.

I even used the sears contact button on their website to log a complaint but have not heard back from anyone.My advice is to buy your appliances somewhere else; never from sears.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous442250,

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation Team. I came across your post and wanted to express our apologies for the difficulties you have experienced with your water heater. It sounds as if we have let you down on just about every level imaginable and would like to offer our assistance. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to ensure your situation is resolved quickly and to your complete satisfaction. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (Anonymous442250), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.