Seneca Falls, New York
With Company response Not resolved

I placed an order for a Winston sofa and chair on Jan 26, 2013. Upon inquiring about my order I was informed that the furniture would be delivered on Feb 9, 2013. The furniture never arrived and since then I have spoken to several different customer service representatives that have told me several different things. I was told the furniture would be delivered, and then I was told the vendor needed to be contacted due to inactivity, and then I was notified 2 days ago that the items were on back-order. When I originally placed the order I called Sears in order to ensure that the items were in stock and available for shipping. I was assured that there were a total of 40 sofas and chairs in stock and there wouldn't be any delivery issues. When my furniture wasn't delivered on time I placed several phone calls and have been lied to repeatedly by Sears customers service. They are working with a vendor that doesn't have any of the furniture in stock and instead of being truthful with their customers they choose to lie and deceive them and force their customers to play a waiting game for furniture that the vendor might not be able to procure. I was under the impression that Sears would send me the furniture on the 9th and because of this I threw away my old furniture. Yesterday afternoon I called Sears customer service to cancel my order. The customer service representative put me on hold in order to cancel the order with the vendor. I was told the vendor agreed to cancel the order and I would receive a full refund. I then get an email that states "At this time, we have requested a cancellation of order number ----- per your request. However, we are unable to guarantee that the order will be canceled. Therefore, the order may be delivered to you." I was assured that the order was cancelled on both ends, and when I called today in response to this email the customer service representative informed me that the person I spoke to yesterday never confirmed cancellation. I have been lied to several times and my frustration level is through the roof. I just want my money back so I can be done with horrible ordeal. I need furniture in my house and I should not be forced to wait any longer for furniture the vendor does not have.

It is now Feb 23, 28 days later and still no refund or furniture. I called back and finally spoke to someone in the claims department. Turns out the refund was never submitted and the claims associate told me that this situation has been grossly mishandled. Basically, the customer service agents have been lying to me every step of the way. They have been making notes of the conversations but haven't been taking any actions to rectify the situation. I have even been hung up on, on several occasions. I have exhausted all of my options and nothing is being done. I left a message on Sears Facebook account and was told to send an email and they would help me rectify the situation. I haven't received a response and it has been 8 days since my original message.

It has now been a month and still no refund, time to contact the bbb.

Review about: Sears Shipping Service.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Xjxmxox

I saw your post here and wanted to offer some assistance. We do apologize for the troubles you have encountered with the repair of your online order. My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Social Media Support team. I can see how frustrating it is to receive poor customer while trying to rectify this issue. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss options and see what can be done to make things right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (xjxmxox) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.