Truly a HORRIBLE experience.

I went to the Sears store local to me, in Minnetonka, MN. Was looking to replace an older Kenmore dryer with a new one. While at the store did a quick price comparison with Lowes and found an equivalent dryer for 100.00 less, but since my Kenmore worked for 20 years figured I would stick with the brand.

Here is where the trouble began...

When I walked into the store I came across the 2 "sales associates" apparently assigned to the department - they were engaged in a rather negative conversation that I gathered was in regard to their current job. I walked directly to them I stood there apparently unnoticed for at least a minute watching them jabber away about the poor state of their organization and their jobs (customer service at its finest).

When they deemed it was worth their time to pay attention to me, I made it very simple for them, I was looking for a gas dryer that was on sale and was a Kenmore brand and preferably the least expensive model - this was for a rental unit so no need to spend 2K on a dryer...

The associate who helped me brought me over to the most expensive unit in her department and said here it is (way more then what I wanted to spend on a dryer, I explained that to her, but she told me this was the one I wanted) I asked her why (i.e. features, benefits, etc) all she could say was that it would do more... SERIOUSLY, who trains these people? She was NOT the brightest bulb on the tree to be sure and I credit her inability to make a logical argument as to WHY I would spend far more than I wanted to on the "more expensive" unit to management... clearly poor hiring decisions AND a complete lack of proper training.

When I made it clear that I wanted the least expensive model she finally brought me over to one that would suit my needs. I agreed to the buy and we went to check out. I explained to her that my business partner wanted to put the order on his credit card (he was registered in the sears system) and asked if we could call him for that part of the transaction - she said that she could not do that UNLESS it was a sears card... seemed strange to me, so I asked her if she could confirm with her manager. She told me that the answer would be NO and that we would need to move forward with my card. I asked her if I could simply have my partner place the order online and her response was, "well, yes, but then you wouldn't be buying it from her... LIKE I GIVE A *** was my thought... she offered me no value at ALL and yet acted as if her personal sale was more valuable then my desires or convenience.

As I wanted to get past this nightmare of an experience I agreed to purchase it with my card and she began to ring the order up, a 499 dryer turned into 750 before my eyes and I had to ask her WHY it was so much more expensive (I requested delivery, installation and removal of the old dryer.) She NEVER broke out pricing, simply rang it up... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? so I discover that I had to pay 35.00 "extra" for required parts and 150 for delivery and installation... $150? really? anyway, I agreed and she ran my card.

Apparently the SYSTEM froze, so it charged my card but did not record the delivery date or instructions (to be clear, there is NO question that sears has the most antiquated systems I have EVER seen in a major retailer, my local, locally owned coffee shop has a better system... She explained to me that she would have to cancel the order and ring it in again, thus locking up 1500 on my card as it takes 2-3 days for a refund... I agreed but of course the second time through my card was denied (not due to credit limits but to a fraud alert).

So now, I tell her that I will just need to have my partner order it online to which she replies, let me call me manager to see if I can take his card over the phone... ARE YOU F@CKING KIDDING ME???!!! you told me that you could not do that and your manager would say no but NOW that there is no other option for you to get your "commission" you are willing to work with me???

The manager approved of course and the order was completed...

More fun... they never gave me a confirmation of delivery time, supposed to come today, I called in to get an answer and after a long hold and dealing with a broken voice recognition system I dealt with a woman whose accent I could not understand but after I gave her my information she told me that I needed to call ANOTHER number for help and without asking me if I had a pen and paper ready started to rattle off a number... I quickly corrected her on proper etiquette, got a pen and paper and she read out the number... I called the number and honest to God I just finally got off the phone with them 30 seconds ago... they told me that it would be here "sometime" between 3 and 7... RIDICULOUS

It took me the same amount of time to write this review as it did to get a half assed answer from sears as to WHEN my order would be delivered.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER WILL I DO BUSINESS WITH SEARS AGAIN.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Robert and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. We came across your post and wanted to reach out and offer our assistance with your recent experience with Sears. We’re very sorry to hear that our business partner at the local Sears in your area didn’t provide the proper information about the dryer and we apologize for the frustrations this may have cause you and your business partner. This is not the kind of experience our customers should be encountering with us and we would like to speak with you, to provide the proper feedback to our business partners at the store level. Our department “Sears Social Media Escalations Team” is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Robert B.