It's a shame that 1 star is the least rating I can give. In my 37 years, I have never experienced such poor customer service as I have with Sears regarding a recent purchase. If you don't value your $$$ and love throwing it away, then, please, by all means go right ahead and shop there.

I purchased a kayak from Sears online last month for pick up at the Sears Hometown Daphne, AL location. After completing the order, I received 2 separate order totals, one for $166 and change, the other for $191 and change. It was my understanding that the total would be $166, however, I was charged $191+, despite having an order total of $166 on my account on Sears website.

Contacting Sears customer service proved to be absolutely futile and a complete waste of time. When requesting to speak with a supervisor, all the customer service rep does is transfer you to another rep posing as their case manager. Their call office is also located on the other side of the planet and sadly, the reps are very difficult to understand, complicating the issue even further.

Thinking I would have a chance of resolving the issue at the Daphne store, I went to pick up the kayak only to be issued a receipt reflecting $217 and change. This would be the third separate order total I received and $51 more than what I thought I originally paid.

I attempted to resolve the issue with the lady working in the store and all she did was throw up her hands, saying she didn't know what to do and give me a card to the same 1-800 # that I had already spent several hours with. If anything, it looks like their level of customer service, or lack thereof, is at least consistent throughout the company.

I mentioned to her that I would like to return the kayak at that time and she told me that I could not do that, but would instead have to call the 1-800# and arrange for a return through them. I immediately called them when I got in the car on my way home and sure enough, they instructed me that the item had to be returned from the location where I picked it up. The lady in the store just didn't want to deal with it and like all the other Sears employees, just passed my problem off to someone else instead of taking any initiative to correct it herself. No wonder their company is in financial ruin.

I attempted to post a review through the Sears Daphne hometown store website, but it mysteriously disappeared. They only have positive reviews posted through that site, which is an absolute joke.

I ultimately spoke with one of the Sears reps through their chat function, who stated they would credit me back $20 to my Sears card account. I also made them put it in writing and send me an email stating that I would have the credit issued back to my account. 3 weeks later and still no credit. I decided to call them today to find out what the deal was and was told that there was a error made, on multiple occasions, and that I could not be credited back the $20 to my account, but the only thing they could do was credit me in shop your way rewards points, which I emphatically stated I did not want.

They are absolutely worthless, the worst business entity I have ever dealt with and by far the worst customer service I've ever experienced. It's no wonder they get a 1/10 through the consumer affairs website and horrible ratings through every other ratings agency/website out there. They don't care about their customers and flat out lie to your face.

I will be filing a report with the Better Business Bureau. I don't know what good it will do, but I've got an email from Sears stating I would be credited back the $20 to my Sears charge account. They acknowledged the email, but stated it was a mistake and there was nothing more they were willing to do about it. I have had a Sears card for 17 years, my parents since 1976 and I can say for certain that no one in my family will ever give them any business whatsoever again, and I plan on letting as many people as possible know of the clusterf**k I've had to deal with.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of deceptive return policy and no solution. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of sears website and associated monetary loss in the amount of $20. Sears needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sears website in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments