3K views

I purchased a portable washer and dryer from a Sears store that was closing its doors.I purposely asked the salesman if I could return these units if I wanted to after I purchased them.

He told me that Sears stood behind all purchases and that if I wanted to return the items for any reason, that all I had to do was call Sears Customer Service and there would be no trouble returning the items.

This was completely false.Sears will not stand behind their promise, they won't take the merchandise back and told me that I have to keep these items even though I can't use them.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Mr Brian J

Senior Case Manager

Please,contact me regarding the problems I run to in Sears store/Chicago when I was trying to return or exchange the new Plasma TV I purchased 6 days ago.I need your help to resolve this issue .

Regards and thank you.

Mike

773 370 27 53

Chicago Il April 20/2010

To Cmgoode,

First allow me to apologize for the delay in responding to this post, I just found it. My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am sorry to hear that you were not given the opportunity to return the appliances. All representatives at Sears are aware of the 90 day return policy on appliances (30 day policy for electronics) which states that you can return any appliance you purchased from Sears and get your money refunded to you minus the 15% re-stocking fee (to cover the cost of pick up and transportation back to the manufacturer). We would like to know more about this situation and try to determine how we can help. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer and dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Cmgoode) used to post here for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian J.

Senior Case Manager

Sears Cares

duh kenmore has ALWAYS been made by another company and for your information most companies products are made by a different manufacter than the name on the merchandise

Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #106363

I USED to love Sears!Their "Craftsman" tools are the BEST!!

But, when I bought 5 major appliances, I learned a VERY expensive lesson. Sears/Kenmore doesn't "make" anything!!!There is no "Kenmore" factory anywhere. EVERYTHING they sell is made by someone else!!I found out its usually Frigidare or Whirlpool or some Chinese ***, but its built to Sears "specs"( less features that the "name" units , but cheaper). How come Consumer Reports actually GUSHES over Kenmore products when THE EXACT SAME model with MORE features from the manufacturer (in this case , Whirlpool)is rated much lower?

The price difference was substantial in the review ($120), but real life pricing has the Whirlpool unit at $45 LESS at Best Buy than the Kenmore model!!

Kenmore should stand for "Fake Branded Model"!!Sears should be ashamed!!

They should take them back even if they charge a 15% restocking fee.You have 30 days to return an appliance.

You used to have 24 hours to return appliance or cancel the delivery/install without a fee as well.Unless they were used or the boxes open.

You might not get back any delivery or pickup fee though.