With Company response

In October of 2010 we bought a side by side Kenmore from our local store in Farmington. Until April of 2011 it worked just fine.

But at that time we started to notice a very thick coating of ice on the far left side of items in the freezer. I couldn't get my husband to look at the freezer until the coating of ice made it difficult to open his ice cream. When he did find the problem it turned out that the plastic ice cube tray in the ice-maker was warped and allowed water to flow out of the ice cube tray and down the left side of the freezer.

The repair part should have been a replacement of the plastic ice cube tray.

It was not.

In order to fix the problem we had to replace the entire ice-maker.The customer service person I talked with was very nice and managed to get her manager to authorize a $30 discount on the ice-maker but I still had to pay much more than seemed reasonable.

I generally only buy appliances from Sears but the cost of getting a replacement plastic ice cube tray has convinced me that Lowe's will be my destination when I need to replace my aging appliances.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous,

My name is Liz and I am with the Social Media Support Team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you on this issue. I am sorry to hear that we have let you down and would like to offer some assistance. I can see how frustrating it is to have your ice make stop working properly and pay an additional cost for a new ice maker. We would the opportunity to have one of our dedicated case managers contact your with possible options to resolve this matter in a timely manner. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the ice maker is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (Anonymous402857) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.