With Company response

Hello,

I purchased a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator from my local Sears store in Dulles, VA in August of 2012. I was also convinced to purchase the Master Protection Agreement from Sears for 5 years and was told that it would allow me timely service and repair as well as full replacement if the refrigerator could not be repaired in a timely manner. A week ago, the fridge started making a loud grinding noise from the back and it sounded like the fan died. The fridge readout listed an error code of "er rf". I called Sears repair department to schedule a repair and was told that the nearest repair appointment was a week later on 6/19 from 12-5pm. I told them exactly what the problem was. I told them which parts to bring out based on my own research and asked them to insure the technician came prepared for a full repair.

I took the day off from work to be home to wait on the repairman. He did not show up until 5:05PM!! The tech did not have any idea what he was doing and had to ask me to help him remove the bottom freezer drawer so he could get a look behind the drawer. He spent about an hour and then determined that the fans were indeed the problem. He went onto his computer and came back with a delivery date for parts on 6/27, nearly ten days later. On top of that, he told me that the first available appointment to do the repair was not until July 12th!!! He promptly left and left me with making calls to Sears to try to get a replacement refrigerator sent out.

After speaking with several "customer solutions" representatives, the repair departments, etc., I was told that under no circumstances would they be able to replace the refrigerator until I had at least four appointments scheduled for repair.

I am now looking at 6 weeks to repair without a refrigerator for my entire house. That is not acceptable. Sears is literally a customer rip off.

Comments

I have same problem with Kenmore refrigerator. When I reset power cycle the refrigerator, the ER EF error display in control panel after 2 hours.

Dp not know what to do.

Do not buy any thing from Sears. No information in Manual.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #691853

Sears is the worst company to do business with. their customer service is one of the worst I have ever seen.

My husband had sworn never to give Sears another penny after a few horrible buying/servicing experience with them. Stay away everyone.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous421211,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. I was able to locate your post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a bad experience in attempting to get your refrigerator repaired. I can understand how we missed your expectations with having to wait so long for the repair to be completed. We'd like to make sure your repair is finished as soon as possible and to your complete satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, phone # used at the time of purchase and this screen name (Anonymous421211) I've created so we can reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. A dedicated case manager will contact you directly and assist in working towards an acceptable resolution. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian H.