With Company response

I placed on order online for two vacuum cleaners with Sears.com and they turned my order over to Choice Avenue. Choice Avenue took my money and closed their online storefront without shipping the items.

I keep getting the runaround trying to get a refund and had to close out my credit card to keep from being scammed again. I've been lied to repeatedly and Sears' customer service is a joke. When I call Customer Service, I get routed to India and their main job to to provide lip service.

There are hundreds of complaints online by people having the same thing happen to them when they try to get a refund. I will never do business with Sears again!

Review about: Sears Shipping Service.

Comments

borncynic
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, United States #629840

I placed an order on Sears.com that went through Choice Avenue as well. I placed and paid for it (via paypal) on 02/07/13. I sent at least 5 emails to Choice and about 5 zillion emails to Sears to no avail.

Among the emails from Sears was one that read just like John V's, in part:

... "Your Sears.com Marketplace order has been cancelled. Our recent reconciliation efforts have revealed that some items marked as shipped were actually not shipped by the Marketplace seller responsible for fulfillment. As such, we are taking corrective actions with this Marketplace seller and processing a refund to you for the original purchase amount."

All of their emails following that one read that they have made it convenient for me to get in contact directly with the merchant by going through my order history.

I would have an easier time getting in contact with the original 12 Apostles and then all the angels and saints.

You only have 45 days from the date of your order to be able to have Paypal do anything to help. I missed that window.

I am out $207.56. I have been a customer of Sears since before recorded time! I will never purchase another thing from Sears or Landsend.

to borncynic Vancouver, Washington, United States #644022

Please don't let that thieving Choice Avenue get away with STEALING your money! They stole almost $300 from me.

You have other avenues if you miss PayPal's 45-day window. File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or the Attorney General's Office. That's what I had to do to get my money back. When I threatened to file complaints, I got the same standard "We're looking into it" reply from their useless Customer Service.

After I filed the complaints, they refunded my money.

New York City, New York, United States #625258

Okay, so after trying unsuccessfully to go through Sears customer service to get this resolved, I just called American Express and filed a dispute with them. They said that they would investigate on my behalf.

A few days later, I received an email regarding my return/refund and another email after that saying that I will be issued a refund. The email stated that "Your Sears.com Marketplace order has been cancelled. Our recent reconciliation efforts have revealed that some items marked as shipped were actually not shipped by the Marketplace seller responsible for fulfillment. As such, we are taking corrective actions with this Marketplace seller and processing a refund to you for the original purchase amount."

You think? This is exactly was I was trying to raise the alarm about when I called them. I guess Sears doesn't take customer concerns seriously and it takes someone from a major credit card company investigating the issue.

Why is it up to the customer to figure this out? Do your own due diligence, Sears. And to SearsCares, why isn't this information readily available to the customer? We have to go on messageboards and wait for you to find us and then send you our information? Instead of having a Social Media Escalations teams, perhaps they should just invest in some proper customer service so Sears' reputation doesn't get killed online in the first place.

I'd saying unless you're shopping in an actually Sears store, stay away from Sears.com unless you want the hassle of having to deal with unhelpful customer service and eventually having to file a grievance with your credit card company.

I too have placed an order at Sears.com and it went through choice avenue. My credit card was charged immediately but my order is still in "processing" two weeks later.

No one at sears customer service can tell me a valid way to contact the merchant nor can customer service apparently contact this merchant. How can they advertise a merchant on their website that is a fraud!? I expected much better of sears! I have repeatedly contacted customer service and they are unwilling to help me.

Apparently after reading the two other complaints on here they must know something is wrong with this merchant. My advice is do Not shop at sears!!

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous391220,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We apologize for the level of customer service rendered to you when you reached out to us for assistance in reference to your refund. We’d like to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous391220), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

Edwin C.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

New York City, New York, United States #621803

Same thing just happened to me. Ordered 2 lamps on 3/4 from Choice Avenue via Sears Marketplace. On 3/8, I get an email that my items have shipped, but the tracking number is blank. The Storefront for Choice Avenue is down and that aren't responding to emails. I'm thinking that I should start the process of getting my money back. I paid with an Amex for this very reason, so hopefully, it won't be too difficult.

Although the shipping estimate says that my items will arrive by 3/25-3/27. Is it irresponsible of me to start filing complaints now? Am I jumping the gun? I want to make sure my case is solid and I've got a feeling Amex will just tell me to wait until said dates since they technically haven't broken the deal yet.

Did you get an email too that said your items shipped? It tells me that at the very least, they were in contact with Sears as of 3/8 so they haven't completely disappeared yet.

to John V Vancouver, Washington, United States #644012

I never received an email that my items had been shipped. Before Choice Avenue closed their storefront, they assigned a bogus sales check number to my order to try and make it look like the order had been fulfilled.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division. I also filed a dispute with my credit card holder and had to cancel my credit card to keep from being ripped off again.