With Company response

We ordered an electric turkey fryer from Sears and what came in the box was a set of wrenches; a visible set of wrenches with a shipping sticker on them saying "turkey fryer". I called on 11/14/12 to customer service to straighten this out. I was told by Almond that I would have to pay again for the turkey fryer but would receive a refund in 3-5 business days for the wrenches and that a UPS pickup ticket would be sent to my email. I accepted those conditions and let a second charge be applied to my debit card.

Fourteen days later and I haven't received a refund and I haven't received a call tag for pickup. I called customer service today and was told to follow the return directions on the package. I objected because I don't want to pay shipping for their error and she said she would send UPS with a call tag within 24 hours. They refused to refund my money until they get the product in hand. She also said I could return to Sears store, 30 minutes away.

I'm PISSED because Almond didn't advise me this way 14 days ago and I took their customer service rep at her word on receiving a refund because of their error.

I won't shop Sears again and I am disapointed at the volume of complains I've now heard about Sears. I disapointed that I didn't check on this first.

Bad customer service from Sears.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous1932,

My name is Liz and I am with the Social Media Support Team. I am sorry to hear that we have let you down and would like to offer some assistance. I understand how frustrating it can be to purchase turkey fryer and instead you received wrenches. Furthermore, I can see how disappointing it is to be told you would receive a call tag for the items but you still have received your refund. We would the opportunity to have one of our dedicated case managers contact your with possible options to resolve this matter in a timely manner. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number that the dehumidifier was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (Anonymous1932) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.