With Company response Not resolved

I was dressed like a poor person and not looking very pretty when I made my purchases this evening. I feel this may have had some bearing on the way I was treated.

Associate: Would you like to open a Sear's card and save $15 on your purchase?

Me: No, I'm not interested.

Associate: You could save $15 today just by opening one, and every time you spend over $100.

Me: Why do they always ask twice? I mean...

Associate: (interrupting) I didn't ask twice.

Me: Yes you did. When I said "no" and you continued to tell me about it, that's asking twice. Is that something they train..

Associate: (interrupting) I didn't ask you twice.

Me: (shocked) I'm a customer.

Associate: And I'm an associate. (indignantly)

Me: I'm just saying I've been in here a few times and..

Associate: (interrupting) I've been in here a few times too.

Me: The times I've been in here I've noticed that all of the associates ask "twice" about the Sears card.

Female Associate: Yeah, we just want to make sure the customers know about the benefits of the card before they make their decision. Some people change their mind even though they say 'no' at first.

Me: OK, that makes sense. Even though I could get 15% off, I'm still not interested at this time.

Associate: It's 15 DOLLARS.

Me: ok, Dollars.

(awkward silence as I hand him my debit card)

Associate: Your total is $40. It COULD have been $15 less if you signed up for the card.

Me: (quietly) Ssshhhhh....(pause) I've got to say, you've been very rude to me during this transaction.

Associate: YOU have been very rude.

Me: I don't think I ...

Associate: (interrupting) The store is closed now, ma'am. You can leave now.

Me: Have a nice night.

Associate: You too.

Me: (with a smile) I'll be calling someone!

Associate: (shouts as I exit) It's 4068! (or four other numbers I can't remember)

After I got home with my purchases, I saw that he had thrown my earrings in with some heavier items I purchased in the same bag and the post of one got completely bent.

Review about: Sears Credit Card.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Stiemogo,

I apologize for your recent customer service experience at our store. We strive to offer our customer’s the best customer service possible and it appears that we have let you down. We would like to speak to you directly to see what we can do to assist you. Please email us at SMAdvisor@searshc.com with your contact information (preferably a phone number) and one of our case managers will contact you, please include your screen name (Stiemogo) so that we may make reference to your post. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kiera J.