Update by user May 28, 2012

The resolution to my cushion problem was not satisfactory at all. Despite the involvment of Sears HC the only thing the Sears office in Tampa would do is return the $79.95 I paid for the cleaning.

She (Linda) kept insisting that their was previous damage to the cushion. Mind you that is with no marks, damages or stains indicated on the form their tecnhician filled out prior to the cleaning.

My suggestion would be to never use them. Not worth the aggravation.

Update by user May 28, 2012

My suggestion would be to never use them. Not worth the aggravation.

Original review posted by user Apr 23, 2012

On 3-16-12 I had Sears come to clean a couch and 4 cushions that had never been cleaned before. The only reason we had them come was because our infant grandson had spit up milk on the right hand arm of the couch.

The gentleman who did the job rested the 2 back cushions on the brown muslin fabric lining the couch which left a stain on those cushions. Sears attempted to clean the cushion a 2nd time but this was unsuccessful. Sears asked to have the cushion in their shop so they could work on it. Initially they asked if I would let them take all 4 cushions (there was a slight stain on the other cushion which was also left on the brown muslin but that one wasn't as noticeable).

I agreed but when the young man called that he was coming for my cushion I told him he was supposed to take all 4. He said no so I immediately called Linda (the mgr at Sears Tampa) and she said he was to observe the others. The young man wasn't in my home for more than 1 minute and he had no interest in looking at my other cushions. I insisted he look to establish that they were like new, etc.

After 2 days or so Linda called to tell me her techs said that something had been spilled on the back of the cushion. I again reiterated that this was the back of the cushion, that nothing had ever been spilled on it and the couch is barely sat on. I also pointed out that her own people never indicated there was anything wrong with my cushions. After a week she sent back a wrinkled, stretched cushion whose color is off from the other 3., It is not tight like the others and doesn't fit well at all.

My perfect couch now has 3 cushions which look brand new and one that looks like they put it through a washing machine 10 times. Despite phone calls to the Tampa office (I am told she is on a conference call repeatedly) and calling Sears Corporate customer Service (they only call Tampa and are told she will call them back)nothing is being done. Can someone HELP me!!!

Never again will I use them or recommend them. Thanks Judy Kusnitz e-mail Jkusnitz@tampabay.rr.com

Review about: Sears Cleaning Service.

Comments

Dear Ms. Kusnitz:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our Carpet and Upholestry Cleaning team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you and your family. Sears Social Media Escalations Team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager.

Because you have already provided your contact information, I will forward your information over to the Sears Cares team and a case manager will contact you as soon as possible. If you have additional information or need further help, please contact us at smsupport@searshc.com. Again, please accept our sincere apology for the condition that your cushion was returned to you. I know this has caused you quite a bit of frustration and time in handling this issue.

Susan R.