With Company response Not resolved

First: Sears customer service is obviously outsourced to some foreign country and they can do little to help. They just take down your complaint, and can only look up the same tracking information you can.

Second: Sears seems to be in the habit of posting items on very good sales, confirming the purchase, and verifying the item was shipped, when the item was not really confirmed or shipped.

They did this to me with a combo set of power tools, and after 4 weeks of trying to follow up, I was sent a UPS tracking number for a package that would have weighed around 20 pounds, showing a package delivered to the wrong state weighing one pound. When I inquired about this, they did not ship me the items, instead refunded my purchase price. I told them I did not want a refund. Since they had confirmed the purchase, and verified the shipment as if they really ever had the set, and I had waited 6 weeks, I want them to ship me the items.

Every item in the set, they show on hand and in stock. Even though the sale value of the items sold separately is higher, they should absorb that cost to provide the items I ordered and fullfill their commitment. I think Sears is quite capable of absorbing the additional expense for something that was their error.

If they never had the sets, or the advertised price was a mistake, they should have admitted that immediately instead of pretending to fullfill the order, and then pretending they don't know what happened. If this was the case, by the next day after ordering I should have recieved a cancellation due to ad or stock error, rather than a confirmation.

Comments

Still no response from "Sears Cares". Sent what they asked for and more to the email address given above on May 17. Obviously they monitor this website and add two new posts making it look like they will do something but do nothing.

Sent a response to smsupport@searshc.com attaching all previous emails to sears on 17 May. Have yet to receive any response.

I had already sent an email to the same on 28 Apr with no response then either. Nice of Laura D. to post a response as if they would now do something contacting the same people I did before. I found this email address previously from another complaint on this board which is why I used it.

It is just another one of Sears scams, posting an email they ignore even more than the others to appear as if they are trying to deal with the complaints on this board. At least the other email addresses I used got a response, although bad English, off the point, or just telling me they couldn’t do anything.

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Casca,

I saw your post and I want to apologize for the poor customer service you have received after ordering your power tools. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. We would very much like to discuss what happened and how we can make this right.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we might assist you in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the tools were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Casca) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Laura D.