With Company response

Bought expensive new fridge and microwave to replace old malfunctioning ones. Sears salesman says delivery would be Tuesday. I said fine, I will stay home from the office -- but cannot be available from noon - 1:30. No problem he says, they will call to schedule a time I am available, and me makes a note -- I SEE him type it in -- that "customer is NOT available between 12 and 1:30." Automated call from Sears tells me delivery is set for Tuesday -- you guessed it -- between noon and 2 and someone must accept the delivery or we will be charged for another delivery.

Now after 90 minutes of phone time later (not an exaggeration, this is on the clock), I have been told the time cannot be changed ("That is impossible.") and I will have to pay an additional fee and have another day set "if you are not available for the time you selected on Tuesday." Have been told that that is the time I asked for. Have been told I must have made a mistake or must now be lying. Have asked for supervisor four times and been disconnected four times. Just finished one last call in which I informed the fellow that I have a bunch of errands tomorrow, and my first stop in the morning will be Sears, to tell the salesman very politely to cancel the sale and return our money. To be honest, I almost hope they give me trouble about this.

Sears in Southland Mall -- maybe NOT the place you want to drop thousands of dollars on appliances.

Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. I found your post here and would like to offer our sincere apologies for the confusion with the delivery time for your new refrigerator and microwave. We certainly understand how frustrating this experience has been for you to ask for a specific time NOT to have the delivery and then be told that you requested that time for delivery. I completely understand how displeased you are with the service you have received so far but I hope you will allow us to step in and make things right. We value you as a Sears’ customer. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your delivery needs and see what can be done to turn things around. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include the code I have created for you, (Anonymous444411), for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Susan R.