With Company response Not resolved

In 2010 we bought a Samsung dishwasher from Sears (+$500) and an extended Master Protection Warranty (sic). About 6 weeks ago the dishwasher stopped in mid-cycle. We called Sears. A concerned fellow tut-tutted and said, oh, yes, indeed we were covered - no cost repair - and they would get a technician around to find out the problem. Glad to be of service.

In due course a technician arrived. He wasn't a Sears employee, and worked for an organization called A & E. After frootling about in the dishwasher's intestines for a while he declared he knew the problem and set up a date for repair, 10 days hence. Shortly afterwards the US Mail delivered the part and we hung in for the repair.

Ten days ticked past. Another A & E magician arrived and some more dishwasher intestinal analysis took place. Oh horrors! The first diagnosis was the wrong diagnosis! This part was the wrong part. But we will get a the right part . A new date was arranged for ten days time. Sorry about that sir. Goodbye and good luck.

A few days later the US Mail faithfully delivered the new replacement part.

Today Techie # 3 arrived. More intestinal gazing. Goodness! Diagnosis two was the wrong diagnosis. Second replacement part is the wrong part. I am sorry sir, you need another part. Next appointment in only available in two weeks.

This was getting a bit much so I called Sears helpline. After a lot of unctuous prerecorded advertising, a robotically programmed automaton cunningly disguised as a human being answered. I explained the situation; the android tut-tutted sympathetically. It then told me to hold on and, after playing some disgusting music for ten minutes specifically designed to enrage the listener, cut me off.

Now more than a little enflamed I found the Sears complaint line (called with fiendish duplicity the "Resolution Hotline") After a foul music & oily advertising interlude a female robot answered. I explained the whole thing again, but this time with feeling. The fembot, apparently reading anodyne words from a script, informed me that it understood my unhappiness, but the only time, given my working schedule, they could send another technician (Techie # 4) was in two weeks time.

At his my safety valve deployed and I vented. "Here is a cunning plan", I suggest, loudly, "What if Sears replaces my defunct dishwasher?" The fembot took a while as its database scanned it range of responses. Then it pronounced. The Master Protection Plan does not cover such a situation, however a technician would be out in two weeks time to repair my dishwasher.

I abhor bad manners, so with a stifled shriek I cut the fembot off. Swearing loudly at a nearby potted plant, I lunged for the whisky bottle. (To be continued in 2 weeks. Watch this space)

Review about: Sears Protection Plan.

Comments

experiment1195

Ah yes the world of subcontracting and a minimal on hand supply of repair parts.

Actually A&E is basically decendant of Sears Repair being used increasingly as the millenium progresses. Contractors get minimal training. Hopefully you purchased a very common brand/model. Sears has all but closed up it's parts depart so a technician can't even go back to a Sears Repair/Part Center and pick-up the part they need. Instead they will order to keep costs down although customer downtime does nothing for referrals or return business.

For the future in many areas of the country is cheaper to pay for a service call or two from a local non Sears related contractor than it is to purchase any repair services from them.

I'm curious, what was the actual problem? Were there any recalls involved? Make and model?

Hope all is working now

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear geminicricket:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle situations start to finish with one dedicated case manager. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our assistance to help resolve the situation with the numerous service calls you have had to repair your dishwasher. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and distress we have caused. We acknowledge and understand that when service is scheduled it is you, our customer that has to be available for the technician to come and diagnosis or repair your appliance. When previous technicians have made errors in diagnosing your issue we certainly understand how frustrating and upsetting it is to be without your dishwasher for another 10 days to 2 weeks until another part arrives and the technician is scheduled to come and put that part in. In your case, this has happened three times which is exasperating when attempting to get your dishwasher repaired. This is one of the reasons our group is in place. We would like to look into this situation further, speak to you regarding your experience and with your approval, have a dedicated case manager help manage the repair of your dishwasher. I know how difficult this situation would be in my own home and how upsetting I would also be. We value your business very much and would like to speak with you regarding keeping your business. The service that you received is not the type of service that you deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known to provide. We want to make sure that everything that can be done for you is being done.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (geminicricket) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

ciom2023

Glad to see Sears is still up to their old tricks.They did the same to me in the 60\'s on a side-by-side we purchased.

Fortunately we were still paying for it on a credit line from them. After 3 months with no satisfaction, I sent a letter with my payment and addressed it to the President of Sears. Within 1 week I received a call to let me know a serviceman would be out to repair the problem.

They sent the Service manager and I got it fixed for free.:roll