I am terribly disappointed by the service I received the last two times I visited the auto center of the Asheville, NC Sears. The first time, I showed up for a 4:00 pm appointment on a Sunday (for an oil change and tire rotation). When I got there, the employee told me that they were behind and it would take at least 2 hours to finish my oil change. When I asked about the tire rotation, he said oh that will add on at least another 45 minutes. He then told me that I could come in Monday morning and they would take care of it ASAP... well clearly I scheduled the appointment for Sunday because I work Mondays... I'm not sure if the delay because the mechanics are extremely slow or because they took to many other cars ahead of my reserved appointment time. All I know is that Jiffy Lube only needs 20 minutes to do the same thing. It ended up only taking them 45 minutes, so my guess is that the crew just wanted to get rid of me so they could leave early.

Well, I chalked it up to a bad day and decided to go a second time... BIG MISTAKE. I scheduled a 2:00 pm Saturday appointment (earlier in the day in hopes they wouldn't try to run me off again). I got there and again they say it will take 1.5 to 2 hours. I said okay and left. 2 AND A HALF hours later, still no phone call, so I stopped back by. I see my car sitting there in the MALL parking lot ready to go and guess what THE DOORS ARE UNLOCKED!! I came in and they said "Oh we tried to call you but it didn't go though" Well, I'm not sure why because my service was just peachy the 2.5 hours before and what happened to TRYING AGAIN?? I asked how long it had been sitting there and was told about 45 minutes. I then said "oh really? because it's not locked" The employee said "oh..." no further comment.... so obviously they couldn't care less that my vehicle and its contents were left in a mall parking lot unprotected for almost an hour. Thanks a lot.

The most disappointing part is that I purchased my tires from Sears for a pretty penny with the guarantee of free tire rotations for life. Unfortunately, my experience with them since then has been SO POOR that I would rather PAY for a tire rotation than come back. Again, thanks a ton Sears...

Oh, last thing - I looked and looked for a way to complain privately via e-mail or online submission, but there wasn't one because obviously they don't care whether or not there customers are happy. So congrats Sears! - here is your very public online review. I will be posting it in as many places as possible, in hopes of costing you as much time, money and heartache as you have costed me.