Both my dishwasher and dryer broke at the same time. Since I bought them from Sear's, I called their repair center. They informed me that a service call was $75.00, and since it was two appliances they wanted to make two calls, presumably to rip me off of $75.00

Then they told me that my dryer was still under an extended warranty that I had purchased. I decided to go ahead and make the appointment for the dryer only. I had to wait TWELVE DAYS for an appointment. Ridiculous. I was told they'd be here January 3rd (2008), between 8am and 12pm. I called several times a few days in advance to tell them that I had to be out of the house by 12, so they had to be here before then.

By 11:40 they still weren't here. I called, got through to a supervisor, and told her I had to go out for ONE HOUR, between 12 and 1, and to make sure the repairman didn't come at that time. Even though they inconvenienced me, they refused to accomodate me. I was told that they would get here when they got here, and if I wasn't home I would have to make another appointment.

It is now 1:55 and they still aren't here.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments