2.4
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I bought a Kenmore front-load washer 40272 in 2010.Earlier this year I scheduled an appointment for a technician to come look at my malfunctioning washer.

It would stop in the middle of any cycle and would not restart. I understood that there would be a charge of $89 for the service call and estimate, and that if I chose to have the repair done, that amount would be applied toward the total repair bill. A technician showed up while I was at work, my wife let him in, he ran a couple of diagnostic tests and concluded that everything checked out and we were using too much soap. Really?

We have always used the machine in accordance with all manufacturers instructions. He never even tried to run it through a cycle to see what happened. Why would you not wait until the unit was in a failed state and THEN run the diagnostic? My wife told me that he spoke to her in a very condescending and unprofessional tone, which I did not appreciate.

He also mentioned that he was from Michigan. He stated that Sears was so backed up, that they were using out of state technicians. So, I get charged for an estimate that never happened, no repair was offered, and my wife feels that she was treated poorly.

I put the washer on the curb for the piece of junk that it was and bought a new washer elsewhere.I will NEVER use Sears again, and I continue to tell everyone I know of my unpleasant experience.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of repair service or customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of kenmore front load washer 40272 and associated monetary loss in the amount of $89. Sears needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned kenmore front load washer 40272 in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments