With Company response Not resolved

We purchased a Sears washer/dryer set ,Model HE2, and had it delivered and installed by Sears. The dryer recently stopped functioning.

We had an appointment between 8-12 to get it diagnosed. The tech called at noon saying he was late and could he come in 2 hours.We rescheduled after losing a half day's work.

The next day a Sears technician came to our house and told us the dyer broke because it was improperly installed by Sears and they had never connected the exhaust vent causing major lint buildup to destroy the internal circuits . He wrote "Installation Error" on the work order and said they should replace it but didn't have authority other than recommendation.

Customer service refused to offer anything other than a minor discount and never even apologized. The dryer is unrepairable (They quoted $1300 for a $600 dryer) and they could care less.

The attitude and service was quite disappointing and disheartening from Sears between the hold times, lack of return calls, and general feeling of "Too Bad, get another one,don't bother me".

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Joeg12:

My name is Susan and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw this comment and I wanted to reach out to you to see if we could be of assistance. My team handles Internet related complaints as well as complaints that come to the executive branch and we are interested in taking over the handling of this issue. We need to make sure that everything that can be done is being done on your behalf.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the Dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Joeg12) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

I think we as consumers need to start taking SEARS to small claims courts across America! AND THEN PUBLISHING THE RESULTS ONLINE!