With Company response Not resolved

0n 01/2007 we purchased ($11,000) a complete Home Heating an Central A/C system.Paid an extra $1000 for the 7yr master protection plan and 7 yr master repair plan.

Every single year since this purchase the A/C unit needs repairing we have nothing but headaches and frustration dealing with sears and all of the run around especially when it comes to the 7yr master agreement . They are now telling us it is only for 5yrs. This is so dishonest and wrong. All consumers be warned about Sears's deceptive practices.

The unit has not worked unless it is repaired and recharged . This has gone on too long enough is enough. SEARS NEED TO STEP UP AND HONOR THEIR OBGLIGATIONS TO THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS AND STOP THESE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES. I AM TAKING MY FRUSTRATION AN WILL BE VENTING THESE FEELING ON TWITTER , FACEBOOK AND ALL THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITES.

We feel at this time we have no other recourse .I will be also contacting my local Better Business Bureau Office.

Review about: Sears Protection Plan.

Comments

I too would never purchase any appliance from Sears.I was over-charged for my furnace and was told I have a 10 year warranty.

After teh first year, I started getting advertisments from Sears about purchasing a warranty for the furnace. I called and said I have a 10 year warranty. They told me I only had a one year warranty.

Any appliance sold by Sears is only one year warranty.What a crock.

Any appliance sold by Sears is only one year warranty.What a crock.

I TOO HAVE HAD TROUBLE GETTING SEARS TO HONOR THEIR WARRANTY ON MY NEW 9/11 MFG.DATE REFRIGERATOR, IT WORKED FINE FOR THE FIRST 3 OR 4 MONTHS, IT CONTINUED TO RUN MORE AND MORE, UP TO 5 OR 6 HOURS CONTINUALLY, IT GOT WHERE IT NOW RUNS UP TO 15 HOURS WITHOUT STOPPING, HAD SEARS REPAIRMEN OVER TWICE, THEY SAID THE UNIT WAS DESIGNED TO RUN LONG PERIODS AT A TIME, WHEN I ASKED WHY ITS RUNNING MORE AND MORE AS TIME GOES, THEY SAID IT WAS DESIGNED TO DO THAT, I SAY NO WAY, NOW THEY DONT WANT TO REPLACE IT AND CANT FIND ANYTHING WRONG THAT NEEDS REPAIR, MY WARRANTY RUNS OUT IN A FEW MONTHS, NOW, IM OUT THE COST OF A REFRIGERATOR, TOO BAD FOR ME TO HAVE CHOSEN SEARS AS MY STORE, BELIEVE ME, NEVER AGAIN, MY FOLKS ALWAYS BOUGHT FROM SEARS, NEITHER I NOR MY KIDS NOR MY FRIENDS, OR THEIR FRIENDS WILL EVER BUY SEARS AGAIN.IN THIS SMALL TOWN, WHICH IVE LIVED IN FOR 70 YEARS,AND OWNED 3 VERY SUCCESFUL BUSINESSES, SEARS NEEDS THE BUSINESS, WELL THEY ARENT GETTING MINE OR ANYONE ELSE I CAN TELL, DONT SHOP SEARS.

:( Sears has been doing wrong since the 1970's when they gave my parents a hard time and now they've given it to me with junk like a washer, dryer, dishwasher,& regrigerator.I'm waiting for the stove and microwave to have issues.

Each applicance either stopped working & to fix cost the amount of purchasing a new one or more. Parts in the frig broke within the first year. Dishwasher doesn't clean well. Had to buy new washer/dryer but I didn't by them at sears and they still work.

Sears will NEVER get my business ever again!!!

The Sears name use to mean quailty now it stands for junk.Bring back the jobs to the USA and maybe then well get better quality and Sears could actually become number 1, till then DON'T SHOP SEARS

Did "Brian" get anything resolved?

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Rper,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We're indeed sorry to hear your central air conditioning unit has caused you so much trouble, and you feel that you have been deceive in regards to the length of your protection agreement. We strive to provide our customers peace of mind with their purchases, and service agreements. It is clear that we have come up short of that goal in this case, and would like the opportunity to speak with you more about how we can assist.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the central air conditioning unit was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Rper) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.