I purchased front load washer and dryer about 5 years ago and had nothing but problems from the start. My dryer quit working the first week and they gave me a new one, I thought wow that was great customer service.

About 2 months later my wife called me while I was out of state and said the garage was full of smoke. the clothes in the dryer smelled burned and had to be removed from the dryer with a stick. I instructed her to shut the gas off and dont use the dryer. Sears service found no problem, we had a similar problem 2 more times, the last time though it actually burned many components of the dryer.

The service center said they could not do anything about it because they never changed any parts from before as far as they were concerned there was no problem. my warranty was now expired by 1 month so it was my problem. they also looked at my washer because it shook everytime we used it. they came out 4 times for this, When they test them they run them with no clothes, (policy) this of course will not make it shake.

after the warranty expired they advised they could do no more (they never did anything) I called more than 50 times before I decided to purchase an extended warranty to get them fixed as this was my only option. The repair guy that came out to fix both units showed me why the units had problems. The dryer vent system had a gasket that was pinched causing large amounts of lint to accumulate in no time under the unit he showed me the unit and where it was constructed improperly. The washer all along had a service alert that was visible to any technician that serviced the unit.

This recommended the addition of a second shock absorber that was made for the units with this problem. The technician advised me the reason this was not repaired was the technicians hate this repair as it is the most challenging and labor intensive repair to be done on these units. This all made sense to me SEARS SUCKS!

I cancelled the remainder of my extended warranty and recieved at least some refund. I will never buy Sears again !!!

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

To Mikepcr,

I am so sorry about the multiple issues you had with both your washer and dryer. I also want to apologize for the negative experience you had with Sears repair service. We hate to lose a customer over any issue but especially when it comes to issues regarding the quality of the product you purchased or bad service from an associate. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to resolve this and any other Sears issue you might have experienced. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the washer and dryer were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Mikepcr) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.