Resolved
2.4
Ease of Use
Layout of Store
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jul 09

Thank you Darlene in the Corporate offices. While sad it had to go that far.

She was exemplary and showed wonderful customer service in assisting resolving the matter. She is a great example of a decency and customer service.

Original review posted by user Jun 21

This complaint is in regards to order #859751376 . My wife and I ordered this refrigerator online requesting a left opening refrigerator on March 20th. The order was delivered on 3/24/2018. When delivered it was not a left opening as requested so did not work in our space. We called and sat on hold for over an hour with your so called customer service department. They scheduled for a technician to come out a week later to fix your mistake. The technician showed up a week later and changed the door.

Shortly after deliver we noticed that the refrigerator was freezing food on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator and getting ice buildup in the freezer. The instruction manual states set to 4 by default. This is where it was set. We adjusted down to 3 and the problem did not go away. After a week of this we adjusted down to 2. Within 24 hours the refrigerator was room temperature and food was spoiling. We adjusted back to 3 and issue of freezing persisted.

My wife contacted customer service who stated the door probably wasn't shut all the way. Make sure it is shut and give it a couple weeks to see if the issue persists. We did and the issue continued.

My wife sat on hold AGAIN for your customer service to get an appointment for well over an hour during her lunch break at work. Was hung up on during your on hold music 2 times. Finally reached a rep who told her the next appointment for a Saturday when we would be home was several weeks out. My wife booked the appointment. We are now out to June and hundreds of dollars in lost food, time, and patience.

June 2nd between 8:00 am and 12:00 PM was scheduled appointment time. At 10:00 having not heard from Sears anything. My wife called and waited 30 minutes on your customer service line. My wife spoke to a Supervisor who stated that a technician called in sick so no one would be coming. Through a lot of back and forth we learned that Sears has no protocol in place if a technician calls in sick and it is the customer who suffers for it. My wife requested a Manager and was told "Manager's don't take calls. I am the highest you can go." from the supervisor who's solution was we should schedule a new appointment and the next available Saturday was several weeks away. When told that this is very poor customer service and the cost and expense on a new fridge this is impacting us. My wife was told, I am sorry but there is nothing I can do. My wife was then told by your customer service that a Manager will call her back Monday between 8:00 am and 10:00 am to work this out. My wife waited until 10:30 when she had to leave for work. Received no call. When she called in, she was told that there was no call scheduled in the notes of our account.

My wife spent her 2 breaks and her lunch period while at work that day calling your customer service where she was hung up on 2 times, and placed on hold for 20 minutes on the third call and the rep never came back to the phone.

I then called that evening. My first call I waited 20 minutes, then heard the live pick up and after 5 seconds was disconnected. I called back and got a recording that the department was now closed. I called a 2 more times and then got through to a representative named Ethan. I explained to him the Customer service issue Sears seems to have. That we were not going to miss time from work due to Sears faulty equipment and since we have incurred injury from the cost of lost food, and time because Sears just doesn't show up for appointments. We either require the next Saturday appointment or an appointment after 6:00 when I can be home.

Ethan stated all he could do is book a 6:00 PM appointment on the next Thursday. We booked the appointment. At 4:00 I get a text that the technician is on his way. I message back that that is not what was agreed upon. No response. The technician showed up at my home at 4:30 (I had to leave my employment and rush home to try and be there costing me revenue for Sears poor customer service, poor equipment, and false statements) and just got there as the technician arrived. He told me that they don't do 6:00 appointments. He then told me this lemon of a Sears product I bought has a faulty insulation ring around the door so he has to order a new one. The motor isn't kicking on because the release valve is frozen which he moved around until it kicked on and the reason the refrigerator is freezing food is because I am placing the food in the middle of the refrigerator in the path of the air flow which will cause it to freeze. If I want it to not freeze, I should push it to the sides (reducing the fridge capacity to half.

I called Sears customer service about the dishonest time expectation set, after being on hold 45 minutes, I was transferred to service. The representative asked if she could research the issue and hung up on me AGAIN.

I am looking for some customer service from Sears and a resolution or I will seek a resolution in a different forum. The Customer service is unacceptable, the apathetic attitude towards customer is ridiculous. And this equipment which I spent good money on is a lemon and I will not waste any more of my time, resources, nor expense on this. I understand that Sears is looking at a merger with Amazon, I don't think this publicity is going to improve that situation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor customer service, Length of time and effort to resolve, Over and over repairs same ones, Product quality.

Comments