Ridge, New York
With Company response Not resolved

My son wants a tool box combo for Christmas. Sears has the combo 09-59718 and 09-59719 on sale for $300.99.

The sale expires today. I ordered on line and what comes up but the top of the tool box and the price is $270.+ tax. I call and they tell me they don't have the bottom and it won't be in for 21-23 days. Okay, I ask if I get the sale price if I order the bottom now.

They tell me I can't order it, I don't get the sale price but if it comes in within 14 days of the sale being over, I'll get the sale price. But then she tells me I can order another bottom cabinet. This cabinet is a cheaper cabinet, doesn't have the griplatch and they charge me $349.99. So I've now paid out almost $650 for something on sale that should have cost me $300.99.

No Rain checks? WHY put something on sale when you only have half of the item to offer and then you screw the person over? I am so disgusted with Sears at this point that I want to return everything and go elsewhere to purchase the toolboxes. This is not the first time this has happened to me and because of another incident I stopped purchasing from Sears.

Well fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Good bye Sears. You suck.

Comments

dieselmon1274

Just to update everyone regarding my sons toolbox. After much aggravation and enough complaining and letter writing and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, I was able to work out a compromise by purchasing a different color toolbox combo (same tool combo, different color) and was given a substantial discount...probably to shut me up.

Nevertheless, the original top we ordered couldn't be cancelled and I had to wait until Dec. 28th to straighten that out. What to my wondering ears to I hear when I called? Sorry, the box is not in stock.

Well I came to find out that the original toolbox hasn't been in stock since October and no one could tell me when it would arrive. After more complaining, Sears finally issued me a refund. This is the last time I will ever purchase any large item from Sears again.

The only thing they are good for is their tools, which they replace if they break. After dealing with them for a month, I now understand why they are closing stores and are on the brink of disaster.

dieselmon1274

Today is December 8th, two days after I responded to your request for info. Nice that four people responded to my info stating they would get back to me, but not one person did.

They all said within 24 hours I would receive a phone call. Not one call.

Probably because you have so many complaints like mine regarding the bait and switch tactic. Now I'm even more disgusted with Sears and I didn't think that was possible.

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Dieselmon1274,

I am sorry the toolbox you ordered for your son was unavailable during the special promotion. I do understand your frustration with the "rain check" policy and your disappointment with Sears. We do value you as a Sears customer and would appreciate the opportunity to make this right. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the toolbox was ordered under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Dieselmon1274) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.