I am a very disappointed customer of the Sears Downtown Vancouver Anna Sui counter. I have yet to receive a refund for a pre-order that was never fulfilled and am seeking your assistance.

While walking through SEARS last month, I was approached by the Anna Sui sales associate. She told me about their special gift with purchase coming up as part of Gala. I pre-ordered a 50 mL bottle of their Flight of Fancy fragrance for $60.

After 3 unsuccessful attempts to pick up the merchandise which never seemed to have been put aside for my pre-order I finally received a call from the counter clerk several days after Gala. She indicated the 50 ml size was not available but I could purchase a 100mL size for $90. ..

This was not acceptable,

I went to store in person only to find my credit card pre-authorization had been put through, for $70, not $60 as had been on the agreement. The clerk had actually crossed out the agreed to amount and wrote in $70 on my form. On top of the fact she altered the sales agreement, there was NO merchandise with my receipt and just a gift with purchase bag. The clerk told me the 50ml size was not in stock but I could purhcase the 100ml size.

I indicated to the clerk if the pre-order offer for a 50ml was not going to be filled to cancel the order.

I requested full refund to my VISA.

This has not been done. I have no merchandise. My VISA was billed by SEARS.

There are many issues with this situation:

1, I pre-ordered merchandise that was NEVER provided by the vendor.

2. My VISA was billed for more than I authorized

3. My request for a refund to my VISA was not completed

4. Offering a product and then switching it for a more expensive item is bad business, it is called bait and switch and it turns off consumers.

5. SEARS is accountable for the services provided by these vendors and my frustration with Anna Sui is reflected in SEARS's reputation

I hope someone will take action on this issue as I am going to contact VOSA next and launch a complaint.

Review about: Sears Credit Card.

Comments