I have a major problem and need some help. I have a dishwasher that I have been calling Sears home repair on because it's under warranty with them almost every month for the past month because it wasn't washing the dishes properly. They were last out here with A&E repair about a month and a half ago. They looked under it and inside it and the guy told me that my problem was that I was using Cascade detergent and that I need to change to some Lemony lime detergent and that he guarantees that will work. Well 2 weeks ago today it quit working so I called sears repair back and they told me the first appointment was 1/22/13. So the repair person came out this morning at 12:30pm and looked under and found that I have water leaking from the motor and that it has been leaking for a while now and that they should have told me the last time the person was out cause now there is mold and subfloor damage. His name is Joe Reyes from J& H appliance 408-279-6900. I had told Sears repair that I believed it to be the motor because it wouldn't run. What happened was the dishwasher quit working altogether. I am lucky Joe Reyes said that I didn't have an electrical fire as the water killed the motor. He also told me that I am luck that I didn’t get electrocuted and he doesn’t know how I wasn’t. He doesn't have a new motor in stock but can't put it in now until we fix the water damage and subfloor that the dishwasher caused. I called up sears and spoke to their managers and they kept transferring me. First to 877-878-3687 Dave Accounting Manager, then to 800-927-7836 Replacement program that she transferred me to 800-727-0121 Property damage office a Daryl there gave me a Claim # which did me no good. Spoke to him between 12:30 and 1:45p.m. He said I should have someone contact me by Friday from Sedgwick 866-352-1521. He said to speed it up I need to get estimates. So I have been on the phone ever since calling around to get estimates. An Anthony -Yanez came out at 2:30 to check to give me an estimate and will be back tomorrow or Thursday to go into the crawl space to determine the extent of the damage. He said that the dishwasher is completely rusted underneath it now and will need to be replaced with a new one. Also that they will have to remove the Linoleum and how is that going to get financially covered? He said the counter tops and cabinets will have to be removed to get to the subfloor and once you remove them they will have to be replaced.

My major concern is that there is mold under there and my grandmother who is 95 is here as well, and has Alzheimer's. I'm concerned that the mold could affect her. I'm concerned that this is not going to get handled immediately before it becomes a health problem. Please help as I don't know what else to do and don't have the money to fix this. Thank you for any assistance you can give us!

I asked for help on this right when it happened and again January 2013. Since this time my grandmother has passed away. I want to get this resolved satisfactorily. There is $40,000 worth of damage to the home according to their estimate.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #765557

I'll bet you will have to sue before you get a DIME from these people.

They really don't care about your damage and will try to shut you up. Y offering you a gift card.

I would get a lawyer if I were you. They won't give you anything if you don't.

AE Service
Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States #755842

Babystang,

We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are sorry for the troubles you have experience with your dishwasher. We can only imagine how frustrating and aggravating this situation must have been for you. We would like to speak with you further to see if we can be of assistance. At your convenience please contact our office at AEservice@aefactoryservice.com so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the dishwasher is listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name (babystang) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Liz R.

A&E Solutions Team

A&E Cares

You are talking to the wrong people. You need an attorney.