Sears, the sears appliances, and the home warranty for those appliances are complete disasters. I have a refrigerator, clothes washer and clothes dryer that are less than 2 years old.

I have been dealing with the repair people for three months to have very simple things fixed. One was an install of a new icemaker. One was the lint filter problem on the dryer. The third was the water pump in the washer.

Three different techs came to my house, and after I explained the problem, not a one of them tried to find an error code for the washer. The last guy to look at it decided that it was the water pump that had gone bad. He ordered a new one and said they had a super duper computer tracking system, and would know exactly when I received the pump, to be shipped directly to my house. Then he would return the day after to install it.

The pump arrived after a week, I received no calls from the tech or the company. I finally called Sears, and was told that they had scheduled an appt for the following week without notifying me, or asking if the day they chose was workable for me. Because they did not call back that day, I called the tech, and he eventually called me, and when I told him I had the pump, and was expecting him, he said that he did not mean the next day, but sometime after the pump arrived. Having been without a washer for three weeks, and making a 20 mile trip to the nearest laundromat, I had it with Sears.

I finally took care of the pump replacement myself by watching a video on YouTube. I have been tying to get in touch with the warranty dept to cancel, and after several calls, I was placed on hold, and finally gave up after holding for an hour. I called the complaint dept, and they kept me on hold for 18 minutes, and finally said they would have the warranty cancellation people call me, but because of extremely high call volume (I wonder why) they could not give me a time frame to expect a return call. This experience with Sears has been the worst thing I have had in dealing with appliances for my entire adult life.

It is no wonder they are going out of business, and should go out, with products and service like this. FINAL WORD: DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH SEARS APPLIANCES, AND ESPECIALLY THE HOME WARRANTY.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Washer And Dryer Combination Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

I agree with you. Laundromats can sometimes be as hard to get to as a pay-phone.

It really is hard work having to wash everything by hand and hang it out to dry. Sears should have just hauled the washer away and brought you a brand new one for free.