With Company response Not resolved

I bought a refrigerator and had a scheduled delivery for Thursday 12/27/12. I was called at 8pm 12/26/12 and told by an automated system that I needed to call and reschedule my delivery because of Weather.

It was snowing. I was angry because there was very little snow but the customer service agent couldn't do anything about the date. I was now set for 12/30/12. i was called the next day by the automated system and told that my delivery was being rescheduled.

I ignored that message. I was then called an hour later by an agent who told me my new delivery date was 12/30/12. I told him I already had three other phone calls about this and confirmed with the agent the day before. Do they no have computers or accounts?

I was called the night before delivery and the automate line said it would be delivered between 7:45-9:45am. We waited. It was 10:30am when I took the time to track down a customer service department that could tell me anything about my order and it's delivery status. She then tells me THEY DON'T HAVE THE FRIDGE IN STOCK AT THE MOMENT.

Needless to say I wasn't happy. I asked her how I could be elaborately scheduled TWICE for delivery of something they didn't have. She apologized and offered me a $50 gift card. Why would I want to spend MORE of my money at a place that schedules deliveries of products they don't have?

I cancelled my order immediately and hope to GOD I am getting a refund. I've already repurchased the identical product (because Kenmore is just a name plastered on Frigidare and Whirlpool products) at Home Depot and expect an on time and easy delivery.

I will never buy a product from Sears or their affiliated companies/brands again. (Kenmore, Craftsman, Kmart, Land's end, Diehard)

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

troyeramanda,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulty you have experienced with delivery of your refrigerator. I understand how frustrating it is to purchase a refrigerator and find out the item is out of stock. Even more, I can see how irritating it can be to receive poor customer service when you contacted us. My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Social Media Support Team. We would like the opportunity to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you with possible options to resolve this matter. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number that the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (troyeramanda) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.