Recently my husband and I moved into a new home in Calgary. During the building process we deleted the standard appliances and decided to upgrade ourselves as the Home Builder costs were too high.

We went to Sears 6 months prior to our posession date and purchased a Kitchen Aid Fridge and Kenmore Elite Range. We made sure to call a month prior to our confirmed possission date to schedule the delivery of our range. We moved in Nov 18 and had the range delivered Nov 19. November 20 we had a gasfitter come in and hook up the gas line and thought we were good to go.

It turned out that after the gas fitter left we noticed when trying to set the time on the range that the entire control panel was useless as the start button did not work. We paid $2500 for the range after also purchasig the extended warranty so we called sears the next day and they set up a service call for us about a week later. Kind of ruined the first week in our new home as we could not cook but we were not too upset as they had scheduled our service appt quite quickly. Things got way worse the service appointment was missed and so were 2 others, finally a week before Christmas I found out that the part was backordered and no one thought to tell me that it wouldn't be in until after Christmas until I inquired myself.

Instead they kept making service appointments and kept missing them with no phone call prior. I missed 2 days of work and my husband missed 1. As I was having family come into Calgary from out of town for Christmas Dinner I was quite adamit that they do something so I would have a range for Christmas (this was just over a week before Christmas) I was told they would do a full exchange and pick up the malfunctioning range and bring a new one. I was suprised this was not offered before as they had known the part was not in stock and we had paid an extra $280 warranty fee to prevent these issues.

They said to call the store it was purchased and they would arrange the exchange. I called right away and after about 5 phone calls unanswered was able to get through to the store they gave me the run around and I was told to call back the next day. The next day when I called back I was told they would definitly exchange the stove "no problem" but ot until after Christmas. After further comminications between myself the store and customer service I ended up getting them to deliver a "loaner" stove the day before Christmas Eve.

THey would not take the old range however and since the delivery company was not told they would have to move the old one before the new one came in they were upset and I ended up having them put the Range in our back hall as it was close to the kitchen. I thought it would be okay as it was supposed to be a temporary fix. After Christmas I called back to see when I could have the stove fixed and moved back and after another run around between the store and customer service was told that they would still do an exchange. As I could not afford to *** any more work and neither could my husband I asked they make it for a evening or weekend.

They would not try anything to help us out so our appointment was made for a month later! Jan 24 pick up the loaner and Jan 25 drop off the new range and pick up the broken one. The pick up company came as scheduled on the 24th and suprise suprise the new stove and pick up of the old one was missed on the 25th. We received a call an hour after the end of the time window 10:00pm and apparently they had a flat tire and wouldnt make it.

I called the store the next day and they were able to have another delivery available the next day. Funny since I had to wait a month the first time. My husband and I had plans to visit our nephew out in Strathmore but cancelled ans we really just wanted this over with. They arrived on schedule and finally 2 months after our move we had a working range.

I was told at the beginining I would see some compensation but did not hear from anyone until Feb 14 after 2 complaints to customer service. They offered $200 less than the warranty cost.

Telus gave us a $200 credit after one week of having our internet messed up. Sears has horrible service and should be ashamed.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

Sears needs to tap the well of folks desperately seeking employment as the customer service from store to service is appalling. There are millions of folks out there looking for jobs...I sincerely suggest you find some to replace the rude, obnoxious personal who currently provide what is jokingly referred to as customer service. I will never shop Sears again.