With Company response

I experienced the exact same service as many others from Sears Auto.

The Sears Auto Sales reps at 1178 El Camino Real, San Bruno, CA 94066 refused to even inspect my tire and immediately began berating my knowledge of the warranty.

Both Raymond and Rick used bullying and intimidation tactics to prevent people from reporting tire defects. They lied and told me it was not SEARS problem.

Then they said it was MY FAULT for not having them rotated at SEARS.

I spent over $1,000 on 4 tires and in 2yrs, they shredded.

When they sold me the tires, the sales rep re-assured me on the great warranty protection and excellent customer service.

However, when I came in today to have my tires replaced under the warranty, not only was RICK a *** but he continued his verbal abuse towards other customers who also brought their car in for warranty redemption.

The 1st thing Rick said to my face was, "DID YOU READ THE WARRANTY because if you READ the WARRANTY you'll understand this is NOT SEARS PROBLEM?"

Why would you even ask me if I read the warranty instead of investigating and checking the car first?

What if I wasn't a native speaker or couldn't quite understand the "fine print" on the back of the warranty? Is this a justification to berate CUSTOMERS who ask for tire replacement assistance?

In the end, they refused to do anything! BUYER BEWARE!

Review about: Sears Replacement.

Comments

Marshalltown, Iowa, United States #819622

I was told that the tires I had purchased had no warranty. That was after I was told that the tires had been discontinued.

Yea. I was told to come back when I had my warranty papers on the tires. The service guy had changed my oil and checked alignment(which all four tires were in perfect alignment I was informed). When I went back after finding warranty papers, the person who was helping me could not find my information in the computer on my last visit.

The guy that said I had no warranty walks over and tries to control the conversation. He, who had once said that I had no warranty, was now showing me a booklet and stating that my tires had a 50,000 tread wear warranty and not 65,000. The nice young lad that was trying to help me couldn't find info on my last visit in the computer so he was going to check the paper work they keep in their files. The supervisor told him that paper work was last year and had been put away and it would be impossible to try and find it because it was way in the back.

Back where? I don't know. But I have a degree in accounting and no business files last year's records where they cannot easily refer back to them. Last year had been in November 2013 and it was first part of February2014.

One would think that this information would still be needed for tax filing purposes and not kept somewhere impossible to locate.

I had paid money for the oil change they did. Wouldn't one think, "where did the money go that I had paid?" Had to show somewhere right?

As someone who wholesales tires for a living I can tell you that there are very few warranties out there offered by tire manufacturers. That being said the fact that all 4 tires shredded leads me to believe that perhaps there was improper maintenance performed.

Ensuring the correct tire pressure is VERY important in ensuring the longevity of your tires. It sounds like your tires were under inflated for some time which lead to them 'shredding.' I wouldn't imagine that it was Sear's fault that you didn't maintain your tires adequately

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hi keithlee_76,

We appreciate you for letting us know about how you were treated at one of our auto centers, and we’re sorry for the level of customer service provided as well as to how we made you feel. We’d like to speak with you and have one of our dedicated case managers help you in getting this issue resolved.

At your convenience please contact our office at smadvisor@searshc.com so that we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with your contact #, screen name (keithlee_76), and the phone # used at time of purchase. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences faced.

We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Edwin C.