With Company response

Sears says they have a price match guaranty - if you find a lower price they will beat it.I found a lower price for an appliance online and called Sears to buy from them instead.

The representative said that I couldn't make the purchase over the phone, that I had to go into a store with a printout showing the competitor's lower price. I told him that I wouldn't have time to go into a store right away. He said I could go in with the printout within 60 days and the price would be honored. I went to Sears 2 weeks later and they would not honor the price.

I called the customer service line and they said that because the representative I spoke with earlier did not write notes on the computer system, they could not honor the price.

I am very frustrated because if I knew this was going to happen I would have just bought the appliance from the other company.Ironically I waited to buy from Sears because I thought they would have better customer service.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

We are very sorry that you were told incorrectly about Sears price match policy. I certainly understand your frustration and inconvenience with not being able to purchase the appliance you wanted at the lower price. It is Sears policy to have our customer's go into the store with proof that an item is priced lower at one of our competitors and this should have been communicated to you. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Escalations team. Our team handles internet related complaints as well as complaints that come through our executive office. We would like to offer our assistance to help resolve this unfortunate situation.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (PC295489) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.