With Company response Not resolved

On Saturday, Nov. 24th, I ordered a mattress on sears.com during the free boxsprings event.

Mattress arrives, no box springs included. I called Sears customer service and was told that I didn't "order" the free boxsprings. Ummmm, okay, I need to order my free boxsprings now. No, they can't do that now, the sale has passed. I was kind of stunned at that moment and ended the call.

So, I think about it for a few days and email their customer service. It's like their customer service emails are looking for excuses not to fulfill this order. They say I didn't order the box springs. There was no place for me to order the free box springs. I looked! The box springs on the web site were listed at a price and had no indication that they would be included with my purchase.

Then, (and I am not kidding here) they ask that I provide a screen shot showing that there was a free boxsprings sale. Uuhhhhh.... sure. So I provide a screen shot from my history on my computer of the mattress that I ordered AND the find print that excluded a named model, but not the one I ordered. Their response was that my order was not placed during the sales period.

My email order confirmation tells me that my order was placed at 11:21pm. I even sent them a pdf of my email confirmation that shows 11:21pm. Their response..... and I quote --------

------------[Per our records, you order placed on 12/25/2012 at 05:16 AM]--------------

Giggle.......... I know that they must have typed that incorrectly, since that day is still in our future, but really!! I sent you an email confirmation from YOU, SEARS, that says what time I placed the order and you are calling me a liar! I seriously do not appreciate that. Plus, my internet order page on the sears.com web site also confirms the date & time of the order.

I really would like for you to just send me two low profile boxspring foundations like you advertised that should have come with the order in the first place. I do not want to pay for a delivery charge for the free boxspring since they should have been delivered with the mattress and I ordered the mattress when you were free delivery.

Thank you.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

Ithaca, New York, United States #581894

I'll one-up you...after many attempts, I was able to get the free box springs added to my order (I have the confirmation email). They just didn't send it.

No one even bothers to pretend that it's my fault.

However, after numerous phone calls and emails, it appears there is no entity involved in the process who has the ability to fix the situation.

SearsCares
Sears Response

YoMomma

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the troubles you have experienced with your mattress purchase. I can truly understand your frustrations with the level of customer service you received when you contact us. We would the opportunity to have one of our dedicated case managers contact your with possible options to resolve this matter in a timely manner. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (YoMomma) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.