I purchase 5 digital cameras from Sears.com under the agreement that Sears was going to do a price match against their competitor (BEST-BUY). While on hold, the Sears customer "NO" service representative completed a review of their competitor on-line price and advised me that all the Sears Price Match Plus policy requirements were met and the order should be placed. After the order was confirmed and the credit card was approved, the customer "NO" service representative stated that I was going to see a "FULL" price charge on my credit card, and advised me to check on the price match discount a few days later because their system took a couple days to process it. A couple days later I checked my credit card statement on-line and discover that "NO"price match discount was credited yet. I called Sears customer service and explain to them the situation, however, after I discussed the issue with at least 4 different individuals, and was transferred to at least 4 different departments, I realized that I was going no where when a supervisor stated to me, quote: WHY YOU DON'T BUY THE CAMERAS OVER THERE!!! At first I was shocked, but then I realized that she was telling me that because there were not going to honor their own price match plus policy. I attempted to cancel the order right there and then, however, the cameras were already shipped and I needed to wait until they arrived to my house. Four days later when they finally arrived, I attempted to return the cameras to my local Sears store and to my surprise I was hit with all the shipping charges (about $45.00) because the Sears warehouse send the cameras to me individually and on different UPS tracking numbers and there was nothing I could do about it. Thanks god, when I attempted to purchase my cameras at my local BEST-BUY store the cameras where still available. Please be aware, Sears WILL NOT HONOR THEIR OWN PRICE MATCH PLUS POLICY even when all the requirements are met (same exact item, color, model no. must be available at the store for immediate pickup. etc. etc.) they WILL NOT HONOR IT!!!

See e-mails below from their customer "NO" service department at Sears and same day BEST-BUY local store inventory and availability and judge for yourself. . . By the way, the price at Sears for each camera was $299.95 + tax and delivery and BEST-BUY had the same exact cameras for $149.00 each + tax and no shipping charge. . .

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves! I know this is a long e-mail but you need to take the time to read this e-mail and really address this issue! Please take a look at the e-mail below and please help me understand what this so call customer "NO" service is talking about. Firsts of all, I purchase an electronic not an appliance, second, I requested a price match from your local competitor (BEST-BUY) and this customer "NO" service representative somehow is referring to a Sears "Friends and Family" deal that has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm requesting.

To: elitecommercialjanitorial@hotmail.comSubject: Re: Customer Service - Price match mail (KMM20086863V22251L0KM)

Good Evening, Jesus!

Thank you for shopping at Sears.com!

We appreciate you choosing Sears for your appliance needs. Unfortunately, "Friends and Family" sale prices exclude purchases made prior to the sale date. This policy is stated below. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, and we value you as our Sears customer.

*5%, 10%, 15% and 20% savings off regular, sale and clearance prices apply to merchandise only. May not be used to reduce a layaway or credit balance. Not valid on Special Purchases, everyday great price items, home appliance accessories, closeouts, Price Drop items, Introductory Offers, Fab Finds, Insane Deals, Edwin Watts Golf, Levi's®, Lands' End® merchandise online, New Balance USA athletic shoes, Sears Fan Shop on sears.com, Excelled Leather, Personalized Jewelry, custom jewelry, red tag items, items powered by shoebuy.com, Wittnauer, EMC Outerwear, Sealy® Legato, Union, Kamela Ti, Serta® Audrey, Gazelle, Adrienne, Simmons® Brampton, Sears-O-Pedic® Treasures, iComfort, Stearns & Foster mattresses, electronics Family and Friends offer cannot be combined with electronics

Sears card offers, video game hardware, LG®, Panasonic® Samsung®, Sony®, Bose, computers, Onkyo, prepaid calling cards, iTunes, Nikon DSLR, Sony DSLR, lenses, iPod®, converter boxes, baby gear & nursery furniture, fi tness accessories, Electrolux, Electrolux Icon, Jenn-Air®, Dacor, Fisher & Paykel, Weber®, J.A. Henckels®, fans, air cleaners, humidifi ers, dehumidifi ers, air conditioners, countertop microwaves, water heaters, water softeners, water fi ltration, sewing machines, steam mops, vac bags, belts, fi lters, carpet cleaning chemicals, Sears licensed businesses, Sears licensed partners & web sites, Digital Services, "Sears Presents" web sites, catalog orders, Gift Cards, money orders and wire transfers. Not valid on commercial orders or with any other coupons or previous purchases. In the event of a return, savings may be deducted from refund. Excludes special order kitchen, bath and decorative hardware fixtures at The Great Indoors. Family & Friends discounts are loaded automatically in cart when purchasing online (8pm CT 12/3 thru 4am CT 12/5 on sears.com). Online discount applies to items marked sold by Sears only. Online discount applies to appliances only from 5pm CT 12/4 to 4am CT 12/5. Online offers may vary. Event savings in Hackensack, NJ, Paramus,NJ and St. George, UT stores are valid 6pm-9pm 12/3.

If we can be of any further assistance, just ask. We are here to help.

We're here to make everything easier. Take our survey to tell us how we're doing.

Make sure you are registered at sears.com for emails, so we can stay in touch!

We're always looking for ways in which we can improve and we look forward to meeting your needs in the future.

Look for Great Ideas throughout the store and find Sears exclusive innovations from great brands like Sony, Kenmore, NordicTrack, Craftsman and Reebok.

Buy with confidence from Sears! To ensure you receive the best price on your purchase, please review our Price Match and Price Protection policies here!

Shop www.sears.com now to pick up great products for the season.

Kenny H.

Sears Customer Care

priceprotection@customerservice.sears.com

1-800-349-4358

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

Order Number = 303853368

User name = Jesus Hernandez

ShippingAddress1 = 7248 Riley Dr.

ShippingAddress2 =

City = Fontana

state = Ca

code_ = 92336

ItemNumber = 00339573000

ItemDescription = Nikon Coolpix 12.1 MP 10X Optical Zoom 3 In. Clear Color LCD Digital Camera- Black

LocalCompetitorName = Best Buy

PricePaid = 299.95

localCompStreet1 = 18811 BEAR VALLEY RD.

User localCompStreet2 =

Local Competitor State = CA

zipcode = 92308

CompetitorsPrice = 149.99

shipping = 0.00

Now, to make matters worse, I have not been able to talk to anyone on Sears.com that has the authority to do a price match over the phone. The following are the questions /steps asked/followed by ALL of your on-line customer "NO" service representatives:

Sears: Item No.Sears: Order No.Sears: Competitors name. Sears: Please wait. . .

9 minutes later. . .

Sears: Sorry, we cannot match the price. . .

Me: WHY

Sears: They don't have it stock. . .

Me: I'm on line as we speak checking for the item, can we check it together. . .

Sears: Ok

Checked all the BUST-BUY stores within 50 miles from my zip code (92336) as required by the Sears Price Match Plus. . . See results below. . .

FIND IT AT A BEST BUY STORE

CHECK AVAILABILITY

Enter your ZIP code or city and state to see where you can pick up this item.I knb

ZIP Code

OR

City

State

Nikon - Coolpix S8100 12.1-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black Model: S8100 Black | SKU: 1222844

STORE PICKUP

12133 MALL BLVD, VICTORVILLE, CA 92392

APPLE VALLEY CA

18811 BEAR VALLEY RD, APPLE VALLEY, CA92308

AVAILABLE NOW Pick up 12/03/2011

Me: As you can see the item is available right now at the APPLE VALLEY CA & MIRA LOMA CA stores. . .Sears: Please hold for a minute. . .

This are the events that happen with nine (9) Sears Customer "NO" Service representatives after I prove to the them that the item was available, not just at one local BEST-BUY store but at a couple of them. . .

1st rep: Please hold. . . disconnected

2nd rep: We are very sorry, but we cannot match the price, my system does not allows me to do it. . .

3rd rep: Please hold. . . disconnected

4th rep: Please hold. . . disconnected

5th rep: Please hold. . . disconnected

6th rep: We are very sorry but the price is to low and we cannot match that price. . .

7th rep, (supposed supervisor): I do not know why the system is not allowing me to price match the item, I'm really sorry and gave me a phone number (800) 311-4313 to call directly. . .

8th rep at the new number: Please hold. . . disconnected

9th rep: Please hold. . . silence for a while never returned to line. . .

End results: I have two order with Sears, 301945874 & 303853368 which totals 5 cameras. Sears for some reason is not willing to follow its own price match plus policy. So, due to such blatant inability to comply with your own Sears Price Match Policy, which to me its seems a deliberate internal act, I'm being forced to cancel both my orders and purchased them where I was supposed to in the first place.

Purchased my five cameras at my local BEST-BUY (see order below)

View: Mobile | Web | Español

Weekly Deals Store Locator Customer Service Forums Visit Us:

PRODUCTS SERVICES SHOPS & DEALS GIFTS

Thanks for your order

Hi Jesus:

We've received your order and are working to get it ready. Check your up-to-date order status.

Please don't go to the store yet.You'll receive another e-mail when your order is ready for pickup. It usually takes less than 45 minutes.

If someone else is picking up your order:We'll send the pickup information to both you and the person picking up the order.

Thanks for shopping at BestBuy.com. We hope to see you again soon. HELP TOPICSPayment & Pricing

Shipping & Store Pickup

Returns & RefundsHOW-TO VIDEOSChecking Order Status

Using Store Pickup Plus

ORDER DETAILS Order date: 12/03/2011

BESTBUY.COM Order number: BBY01-432244037872QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION STATUS5 Nikon-Coolpix S8100 12.1-Megapixel Digital Camera-Black-S8100 BlackSKU: 1222844

Mira Loma Ca 12281 LIMONITE AVE MIRA LOMA, CA 91752 Confirming store inventory at MIRA LOMA CA. Estimated Pickup Date: 12/03/2011

Order Total: $808.07

View: Mobile | Web | Español

Weekly Deals Store Locator Customer Service Forums Visit Us:

PRODUCTS SERVICES SHOPS & DEALS GIFTS

Your item is ready for pickup

12/3/2011Order Number: BBY01-432244037872

Dear Jesus:

Your purchase is now ready for pickup at the MIRA LOMA CA Best Buy store #775. Please pick it up bySunday, December 11, 2011, to avoid order cancellation.

You'll need to bring:

Your state-issued photo IDThe credit card used for the purchase: Visa ************5747The order number listed above - or a copy of this e-mailOnly the person who placed the order and is named on the purchasing credit card may pick it up.

When you get to the store:Some stores have reserved parking spaces for Store Pickup customers.Inside, look for the Store Pickup sign - or ask the associate at the door to direct you to the right place.Please allow extra time if you're picking up a TV, large appliance or mobile phone.

If you ordered items not listed here, you'll receive a separate e-mail with the status of those items.

Thank you.Best Buy Customer Service

ORDER DETAILS Order date: 12/03/2011

BESTBUY.COM Order number: BBY01-432244037872QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION STATUS5 NIKON COOLPIX S8100 BLACK (12/10X/3") SKU: 1222844 Will be picked up by: Jesus Hernandez Available for pickup at the MIRA LOMA CA store 775

Questions? Call us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, please have your order number ready when you call.

For complete order details, check your order status.

No hassles, no excuses and best of all, they have a new loyal customer. . .

Sears: You need to be ashamed of yourself!!!!!!!

P.S. E-mail will be posted on all public compliant websites I can fine. This E-mail will be also forwarded to Senior Sears Executives and see if the realize there is a problem with their Price Match Plus policy and maybe do something about it. . .

Comments