With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Mar 18, 2013

Months have passed and I spent more time trying to get justice than is justified by the loss however, it's not about the money any more. I guess the little satisfaction to date is that Sears may have spent more money through a range of staff trying to give me the brush off than if they had just sent me the product I'd purchased and paid for. Everybody's wasting their time but I want them to admit their mistake or else for everybody to know what a pack of Charlatans Sears customer service staff are.

Original review posted by user Dec 26, 2012

Sears advertised a phone. I committed to purchase but bought broken promises, potential fraud and abysmal customer service.

Money was committed from my account to Sears however, the company cancelled the order despite my vehement protests to honour the deal. My bank advised of potential fraudulent activity requiring me to change my card and all related web info and standing orders (possibly related to Sears 3rd party vendor even though that company denied receiving the order from Sears).

I have since spent a disproportionate amount of time trying to find if Sears still had my money after they offered a refund cheque then didn’t pay.

I’ve phoned many times and emailed many more (around 40), seldom getting the same customer contact. I’ve followed their instructions implicitly yet their offers of assistance are at best deceiving and at worst downright untruths.

IN SHORT, BUY FROM SEARS AT YOUR PERIL. I HAVE FOUND IT TO BE A PERILOUS AND FRUSTRATING WASTE OF TIME TO DATE … BUT I DON’T INTEND TO LET THEM AWAY WITH IT. MORE POSTS WILL FOLLOW

Comments

By far the worst customer service I've ever experienced :(

ShitOn

I waited for months to hear from Sears after their promises of assistance (see comments from Sears'Cares").THEY NEVER GOT BACK TO ME APART FROM TRYING TO CENSOR ME.

See my entry 'Sears Gags Complaints'.Their customer service response is to try to shut you up rather than deal with their failings.

ShitOn

It's now a approaching two months since Liz from SEARS CARES (NOT!) first got in touch and offered to help ... then ****ed off, never to be heard of again.

How did that intervention help Liz? It just leaves me even more angry about the way you think Sears can treat customers.

If you are in the fortunate position not to have purchased from Sears, keep it that way. I wish I'd never taken up their offer.

ShitOn

still waiting for any of the Sears staff to help ......

ShitOn

Add Liz to Zenaida M., Susan R., Russ S., Kristin B., Buddy J., Gabriel A., Misty H., Anthony C and all the others who say they'll help then never reply when I send them all the contact information.

This is just dishonest. They have let me down at every turn and SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED.

Sears – Quick to offer help… Slow to deliver

When I say slow I really mean dawdling sluggish to the point of not moving at all.

THEY ARE THE WORST ORGANISATION I HAVE DEALT WITH IN 30 YEARS!

I have sent emails to;

smsupport@searshc.com,

SearsCares@searshc.com,

and

blueribbonservice2@searshc.com.

These emails have been sent to Russ S., Kristin B., Buddy J., Gabriel A., Misty H. and Anthony C. to name but a few. Most have never replied, never mind assisted.

I’m really interested in those that have had a similar experience; i.e. Sears offers of help that amount to nothing.

I’m keen to let others know of the hours and hours and hours of time I’ve spent trying to get Sears to live up to THEIR promises. To date, they have strung me along with an appealing advert which has resulted in my expense, exposure of my credit card details to fraud and, perhaps most annoying, Sears reneging on their advertised product and dishonestly blaming their supplier.

London, England, United Kingdom #596044

"SearsCares" just contacted me offering to sort things out. Did they not read my post – I’VE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH SEARS >40 TIMES WITHOUT ANYONE APPRECIATING MY LOSS AND THEIR MISMANAGEMENT.

I have now waited for a month for responses following my letters to Sears Chairman Edward S. Lampert and CEO / President, Louis J. D'Ambrosio. All quiet from Sears.

Do SearsCares think I should ring them again (all at my expense)? Do they want my credit details again (having had to cancel my last card on strict bank instructions)?

My only recourse, having been snubbed by Sears time after time, is to now warn others which I will do extensively on-line from now to the end of January

SearsCares
Sears Response

ShitOn

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I am very sorry to hear that we have let you down with your online purchase. I understand how frustrating it can be to receive poor customer service while trying to rectify the situation. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers speak with you to further discuss your recent experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number the order is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (ShitOn) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.